UPDATE – FEBRUARY 2024: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above. Thank you.
Hilton Honors is offering an 80% to 100% bonus when you buy points by 12th March 2024. Click here to buy.
IHG One Rewards is offering an 80% bonus when you buy points by 7th March 2024. Click here to buy.
Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 35% to 40% bonus when you buy points by 31st March 2024. Click here to buy.
Keep up to date with new hotel offers by signing up for our free daily or weekly newsletters.
Radisson Rewards has announced its Summer promotion.
Unfortunately, it is a weak one.
It is valid for stays in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Participating brands are Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson.
You will earn 1,000 bonus Radisson Rewards points per NIGHT. This isn’t very generous.
I value a Radisson Rewards point at 0.33p. This means that you are getting £3.33 of bonus points per night. It’s not much to get excited about.
Radisson can’t even keep it simple:
- existing bookings made before you register do not count
- there is an earnings cap – you are limited to 5,000 bonus points per stay
- there is a booking deadline – you must book by 31st August even though you can stay until 30th September
- the small print says that your bonus points may not arrive until 60 days after the end of the offer, which would mean late November
To put this in comparison, a similar Radisson offer in Summer 2019 offered 3,000 points per night, gave the bonus on existing bookings and had the ‘book by’ and ‘stay by’ dates aligned. Those days are over, at least for now.
That said, if you are planning a Radisson Group stay then you should clearly sign up.
You MUST register in advance for this offer by clicking here. As usual, stays booked via third parties such as Expedia will not count.
Click here to register.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (February 2024)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 40,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 120,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Premium status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)