Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club VS miles redemption with ANA first class CANCELLED Reply To: VS miles redemption with ANA first class CANCELLED

cinereus 161 posts

@cinereus You could, but Virgin can, faced with thousands of pounds say that they did not record the call.

First try S75 as it’s simple and you don’t have to advance any cash. Then do MCOL, which has fees and can be quite substantial for larger claims. I’d send first a letter before action outlining your EU/UK261 rights before that stating that you’ll take them to court and/or start a dispute via cc company.

Thanks.

Regarding MCOL, there is a sliding scale for fees. Given my ideal resolution would be a re-booking not the £11k cash, would it be okay to pay the lower fee to start with? I think usually after making judgement if there resolution does turn out to be for a greater cash sum you can pay the balance later (and of course the Defendants would be liable to cover costs).

I have experience with a couple of MCOL cases before but agree that S75 might be the simplest course of action now. You mention “It’s all about how you present the case to credit card company and how good the cc company is”. What sort of phrasing do you recommend and what do you think I should be avoiding?

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.