Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club 20% bonus Avios when you convert Nectar points to Avios

• LiamG 32 posts

Just had the following email from BA:

Want to head up and away sooner? Then now’s the time to convert your Nectar points to Avios. Every time you convert points to Avios by 7 April, we’ll add 20% bonus Avios on top.​

You’ll be hitting the skies again in no time.

Tubbs 38 posts

Just got the same email. Good news but unfortunately I’ve already converted 80,000 Nectar points this month. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Ant68 56 posts

I tried to convert 80000 nectar points and it only showed the normal conversion rate. I didn’t accept it, and just tried 400 nectar points instead. They converted at the normal rate and the 250 avios are already in my BA account.

The T&Cs don’t say they’ll be added later. I’m not sure what to do next, as I’d like to convert the full amount that’s allowed this month.

List 26 posts

I tried to convert 80000 nectar points and it only showed the normal conversion rate. I didn’t accept it, and just tried 400 nectar points instead. They converted at the normal rate and the 250 avios are already in my BA account.

The T&Cs don’t say they’ll be added later. I’m not sure what to do next, as I’d like to convert the full amount that’s allowed this month.

‘ Eligible Participants will accrue a 20% bonus on all exchanges made from Nectar into Avios from 25 March 2024 until 7 April 2024’

I take that to read that they will be posted after the end of the promotion.

t0m 74 posts

Nice! This is targeted? I’ve not received the comms yet… crossing fingers..sitting on a lot of Nectar points!

Ant68 56 posts

Thanks. Still seems a bit scary!

Ant68 56 posts

Nice! This is targeted? I’ve not received the comms yet… crossing fingers..sitting on a lot of Nectar points!

I received an email from BA early this afternoon. Title was “Turn your weekly shop into a relaxing holiday”. I normally delete such things without opening, but was on a long hold with HMRC so thought I’d check it out

Froggee 898 posts
    strickers 651 posts

My auto exchange just went through, no immediate bonus.

Reney 769 posts

Why? If it doesn’t work you can transfer it back.

ekposh 190 posts

Why? If it doesn’t work you can transfer it back.

And lose a tonne of Nectar in the process

Ant68 56 posts

“And lose a tonne of Nectar in the process”

Yep. Not something I want to risk, tbh, given the number of Nectar points I want to convert.

Who would be the best people to contact for confirmation on when the bonus avios are awarded?

Tocsin 61 posts

I’ve screenshotted the offer page, T&Cs and the transfer itself – that should be sufficient proof if the bonus doesn’t appear at the end of the promotion.

marks7389 425 posts

I’ve screenshotted the offer page, T&Cs and the transfer itself – that should be sufficient proof if the bonus doesn’t appear at the end of the promotion.

Exactly what I did.

The terms and conditions do say that bonus Avios will be credited within 28 days of the promotion end date.

Not sure if that has been added recently since no-one else seems to have spotted it.

That’s over 200,000 Nectar points between the two of us over to Avios across March and April, a large chunk of which I transferred the other way just before the first Avios to Nectar transfer devaluation….

Ant68 56 posts

Exactly what I did.

The terms and conditions do say that bonus Avios will be credited within 28 days of the promotion end date.

Not sure if that has been added recently since no-one else seems to have spotted it.

That’s over 200,000 Nectar points between the two of us over to Avios across March and April, a large chunk of which I transferred the other way just before the first Avios to Nectar transfer devaluation….

I think it must have been added recently. Thanks for letting us know

drdan 96 posts

FFS… Gone to nectar.com website…and app

And of course can’t concert nectar to avios, but can avios to nectar… I dispair!

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,084 posts

Last day today to avail yourself of this offer.

Just done my transfer.

The “countdown clock” in the nectar app is set to end at 1pm but the T&Cs say it ends on the 7th April.

So I’d do it sooner today than later.

cercwc76 54 posts

The 20% offer seems has gone from nectar app or the website now

t0m 74 posts

Good reminder – thanks! Countdown still showing in my Nectar app. Just moved another 75k Nectar points 🙂

MattB 261 posts

Been on holiday for the past 2 weeks so only caught up with this yesterday. Tried last night but kept getting an error saying to contact Nectar, no live chat or phone lines open so messaged via Twitter and all resolved in an hour this morning and I was able to transfer.

As per some of the comments in the original article it appeared my account was deactivated from any redemptions for ‘security purposes’.

mxo 15 posts

Countdown has already disappeared for me, and unable to transfer. Usual BA/Nectar shambles. Oh well.

BobM 13 posts

Anyone received their 20% bonus Avios yet?

Sudz74 50 posts

Anyone received their 20% bonus Avios yet?

Not here

heb999 14 posts

Not here either.

t0m 74 posts

Surprise! Nothing here either 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.