241 booking option query
13th July 2023 at 15:48Chris R 23 posts
Long story short my parents didn’t have a 241 voucher, so at the time I got them to book a one way CW redemption costing 125k avios and £800 (ish) cash.
They now have the 241 and the return flight is showing available. I told them to call BA and ask for the voucher to be added to the existing booking THEN add the return flight on, expecting the net impact to be zero avios and -£800 cash (fees for return)
The call centre agent has booked another one way flight home, using the 241, and has reverted to the RFS pricing meaning the net impact has been -100k avios and only -£100 cash.
Can I call and ask for the bookings to be combined and and the 100k avios refunded in exchange for the higher cash amount?
Lesson learned, I should have been there while they were on the phone!13th July 2023 at 17:20Anna 458 posts
You can’t have a 241 applied to an existing booking, this is why the agent did what they did. Your parents needed the voucher in their account before they booked the outbound flight.
They could cancel the whole thing and start again, hoping that all the seats become available again, or use the other “half” of the voucher on another, future booking, provided it falls within the relevant Ts & Cs (which are quite complicated and you would need to make sure your parents understood them before pursuing this option!)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Interview: Sir Tim Clark, CEO Emirates, on his new Business Class, success of Premium Economy
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Super Secret Stuff on Avios for UK -> Thailand
- phantomchickenz on Should I renew InterContinental Ambassador?
- kebl2555 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Super Secret Stuff on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- brian on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- pbcold on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- NigelHamilton on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- Thaliasilje on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- duggie1982 on Curve changes from November 10th
- BBbetter on Best Amex option for my wife?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.