Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios 25,000 points instead of 50,000?

• confused 32 posts

On the Barclay card app for the Avios Plus it says I have 3 months to reach 25,000 Welcome Bonus Avios spend. When I signed up, it was for the 50,000 bonus avios points.

What gives? Why does it only show 25,000?

marshy11 247 posts

I think I read on here or FT that it was something to do with their programming. I have a message on the app that confirms the 50000 will be paid if I reach the target, but my main page says 25000.

aq.1988 454 posts

Mine also says 25k in the app, but I had a text from BC saying to ignore any mention of 25k in the app or correspondence, as it is in fact 50k

WTL 5 posts

Had the notification of the 50k sign up bonus.
    Made the £3k qualifying spend, posts pending sign up bonus of 25k points.

Is this expected? Or should the additional 25k points automatically be added when transferred to BAEC account?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Someone else has mentioned this. I would sit it out – Barclays should pick this up quickly, if an error. Life’s too short to call.

Bill_B 87 posts

Select the bell icon in the app and check for a message mentioning the 50k bonus.

WTL 5 posts

Thanks Rob!

Aggee338 6 posts

Mine also says 25k in the app and 25K posted yesterday, No message in tha bell icon mentioning another 25K bonus (to =50K). Deff followed the link on set up from HfP page and HfP code. Help?

JDM789 5 posts

I spoke to Barclaycard today who claims they made a communication error, and the balance 25K will only be posted after 4 months.

Naughty behaviour by Barclaycard..

Jill Kinkell 154 posts

OH took out BC for the 50k avios last month. Spend achieved and already the 50k avios transferred over to BAEC. No issues at all.

Carlos 758 posts

Mine also says 25k in the app and 25K posted yesterday, No message in tha bell icon mentioning another 25K bonus (to =50K). Deff followed the link on set up from HfP page and HfP code. Help?

Wouldnt make a difference. The offer was not exclusive to hfp

RiverRat 3 posts

I spoke to Barclaycard today who claims they made a communication error, and the balance 25K will only be posted after 4 months.

Naughty behaviour by Barclaycard..

I was also told the same excuse and unfortunatelly as I did not keep a copy of the T&Cs, I wasn’t able to confirm if it was true (though it didn’t ring a bell to me at all)

Hung up and called again to raise a complaint instead as I fed up with having to waste hours with a number of agents over the last two months. Outcome yet to be seen.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    CP 2 posts

My app also says 25k and, similar to other’s experiences, 25k posted at the start of this month. I too had a notification in the app saying that I would be receiving 50k.

I did a chat with Barclays this evening and was told that a few customers had reported the same issue today and that it had been “escalated to a dedicated team”. I was assured that I would be receiving the remaining Avios. I didn’t press for a timescale, but no mention of any 4 month waiting period.

bartas8891 37 posts

has anybody received the missing 25k ?

Barney1954 6 posts

has anybody received the missing 25k ?

No, but just received two emails within 5 minutes from Barclaycard, congratulating me on achieving the welcome bonus of 25,000 Avios, which were in my account last week! You would have thought by now they would have their IT system running correctly. I’ve been told via chat the missing 25,000 Avios will be in my account on the 2nd working day of next month. We will see.

marshy11 247 posts

I have 2 x 25K pending in the app. It says they will be converted on 2nd working day of the next month, i.e. 2 September. Same date as my statement and I suppose another £20 charge.

Not sure if I can downgrade the card before I get the next statement or will that stop the points converting?

bartas8891 37 posts

Good news! Missing 25k has been posted on my BA account today.

Barney1954 6 posts

Good news! Missing 25k has been posted on my BA account today.

Thanks for the update, just checked my BA account and the missing 25,000 Avios have also been posted today.

WTL 5 posts

Thanks for the update, received it too!

Lonegroover 2 posts

For what it’s worth I spoke to Barclays today who advised that the final points would be in everyone’s BA accounts by the end of September, so could be a while for some folks. They also said the points would be applied directly to the BA account so would only show up there, and wouldn’t show in the Barclaycard Avios listings.

Scot2BFree 6 posts

Thanks for the update I just checked mine and missing 25000 posted yesterday!

jj 520 posts

Dunno if it’s connected with this, but I’ve just received £25K from Barclaycard even though I’m still about £200 short of my spend, including all pending transactions, and the counter in app is still telling me how much I need to spend for my £25K bonus. So it looks like they’re topping-up people who haven’t yet made the required spend.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.