Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club 50% ‘buy Avios’ bonus now on

• superkingtango 11 posts

I’ve just had an email from BA (a 3 day flash sale) stating that if i buy Avios before 20th Nov, i’d get a bonus of 50% more.
    My question is, if i subscribe to purchase the max allowed i.e. 200000 Avios, would the bonus still apply?
    Essentially this would mean 300000 Avios for the price of 200000 – which is £1789 / year.

It has to be purchased through this link
    https://pgt.shopping.ba.com/?utm_source=AboutAvios&utm_medium=BA&utm_campaign=default&utm_content=Purchasing

This seems on the face of it a pretty good deal, if indeed this is the case!
    Thanks.

ClubSmed 174 posts

As I understand it, the 50% bonus is on single transaction purchases of Avios, not on the subscription service and only on values of 5000 Avios and above.
    If you purchase 200,000 avios this way you will get a bonus of 100,000 avios making a total of 300,000 and it will cost you £3,215
    If you subscribed to the 200,000 avios subscription and boosted that with a single transaction for 105,000 avios (70k + 35k bonus) it will cost you £2,924
    (£1,789 + £1,135)

With the subscription service you get the points trickled to you through the year though, with the single transaction you get the points in a lump sum so can use right away.

Hope that helps

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

There’s a very short window on this offer (Nov 17th to 20th), do we think a devaluation is coming on Monday?!

Londonsteve 193 posts

It would be breathtakingly cynical if they then immediately devalued Avios straight after offering a bonus for purchase. It would probably also serve as grounds for unwinding the purchase transaction (you might be able to anyway for 14 days on the basis of distance sale legislation) and the close proximity between sale and devaluation might give rise to accusations of fraudulent entrapment leading to a class action court case. So no.

superkingtango 11 posts

Excellent – thanks for your help

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.