Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Accor Live Limitless Accor rejected Avios redemption!

• JR 14 posts

Has anyone has this before? Because of the HfP article, I wanted to redeem avios to get Taste of London tickets. So I followed the HfP instructions. Transferred BA avios into Qatar avios. 13,500. THis would translate to 3000 Accor points – enough to redeem for a pair of tickets.

I waited 10 days for the points to show on my Accor account. Nothing. Then yesterday (12 days after the Qatar avios redemption), I get an email from Qatar that says: ‘thank you for submitting your Avios conversion request. Unfortunately, your request to convert 13500 Avios to 3000 Le Club AccorHotels points was declined’.

The 13500 avios has been refunded into my Qatar account but there’s no explanation at all as to why my request to convert to Accor was rejected. Has anyone any idea why this is and what I can do about this?

My Accor account hasn’t been used for many years. Maybe I start a new membership and try again?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Very weird. Are they making up their own rules now about you having to have some sort of activity before you do this? Last year I opened a Qatar account for my wife when they were giving away 5,000 miles and immediately moved 4,500 to Accor – no issue at all.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.