Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Dean_K 9 posts

I have seen some very old (2013) posts about how to activate your Iberia Plus account, so that you can move points between BA and Iberia. I’m not having much luck.

I signed up for the Iberia Plus account in April 2021, so the 90 day window has passed.
    I booked a hotel night via the Iberia website and this earned me 294 Avios, which is showing in my Iberia Plus account.

However, when I log in and go to manage Avios, the buy, gift and transfer Avios boxes all state that I don’t meet the requirements to complete any of these transactions. Similar situation in the combine Avios box.

I have an 8 digit membership number, so could transfer points from Amex membership, but I am reluctant to redeem points that I will be unable to move again and they are stuck in Iberia Plus.

Any idea on how to activate the Iberia Plus account?

PeteM 714 posts

This is interesting, because Player 2 my end has the same problem and also meets all the theoretical requirements. Wonder if there’s a glitch or something new we’re not aware of?

Joe G 80 posts

I’m in the same boat in that I opened my Iberia account in May, earned points into it via the estore (Also an error linking to AMEX to transfer membership points which was my first choice) but the system still won’t let me link with BA account so seems to be a common issue.

Jay-Marc 12 posts

Try transferring via avios.com, pulling there from Iberia.

newel 28 posts

I had this problem a few months ago and I can’t remember exactly how I fixed it but I remember it’s something to do with making sure you fill in all of your personal details in the Iberia account and that they match BA. Id suggest opening the personal details section on Iberia and make sure that there isn’t any info missing.

I have a feeling it let me open an account without inputting a home address but it wouldn’t let me transfer miles until I put one in (I asked customer service to try and figure out why it wouldn’t work). There’s a glitch that the postal code only takes numbers and I think that’s a required field to allow you to save the address page so I just put in the numbers from my postcode and it worked fine.

Let me know if that works and if not I’ll have another think about what I did!

I’ve found some good availability on Iberia and I’m using Avios to head to South America in business via Madrid with them next year. Another tip is that you can use Iberia avios to find/book LATAM flights within South America which is very handy as I’ve got some good redemption value on economy flights (1.5p+ per avios) as some flights there are very expensive!

angelmovement 1 post

Does anyone know if/ when new accounts with 9 numbers will be able to transfer membership points into an Iberia account? Will the 90 days activation period begin after a transfer or from date of opening the account?

lambshank13 53 posts

There’s a glitch that the postal code only takes numbers and I think that’s a required field to allow you to save the address page so I just put in the numbers from my postcode and it worked fine.

I’ve just done this and it has solved all my ‘Combine my Avios’ problems. Many thanks for the tip!

newel 28 posts

There’s a glitch that the postal code only takes numbers and I think that’s a required field to allow you to save the address page so I just put in the numbers from my postcode and it worked fine.

I’ve just done this and it has solved all my ‘Combine my Avios’ problems. Many thanks for the tip!

Good stuff – my memory is better than I thought!

Peter K 553 posts

Great. Thank you very much, very useful!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.