Advise: best use of 2-4-1 living in Cyprus
2nd December 2023 at 09:16KookyCat28 1 post
I’m looking for any ideas or tips on how to best use my 2-4-1 companion voucher(s) please 🙂
– Premium Plus vouchers expire May24 (and another May25)
– we now live in Cyprus because of British military posting
– I currently have about 115,000 Avios (and don’t expect to earn much more because of foreign Amex fees)
– most destinations we’d love to explore are east of Cyprus so that’s a total waste to fly via LON or MAD
– using Avios to fly back home to UK would be kind of a waste because flights cheap and we get one free trip/year free on military
– last year we used 2-4-1 for holiday to Bermuda on BA Club which was great
– family of 2 adults and 1 3yo but we don’t have to all travel together or on same PNR to make good use of voucher
I’d love to hear any suggestions or tips people have for how to best use my companion vouchers – kinda difficult from Cyprus but I’d hate to waste them!
Any good ideas using Iberia instead of BA maybe?
Thanks x2nd December 2023 at 13:07AJA 1,027 posts
Welcome to the HfP forums @KookyCat28. I think you are rather stuck because the BAPP 2-4-1 vouchers can only be used on BA, Iberia (but not Vueling) or Aer Lingus metal and going east you are pretty much limited to the likes of Tel Aviv, Istanbul, Amman or further afield Dubai / Abu Dhabi although that will involve flying west to LHR and then back again. The far east destinations such as Hong Kong or Singapore or Sydney are out of your reach with only 115k Avios.
Although you have more options with routes in Europe but that will require travelling via LHR unless Iberia flies directly to MAD from Cyprus. In which case you could try looking at Iberia routes, though again long haul is limited due to only having 115k Avios.
That said as you don’t have to start in the UK perhaps you could look at a flight starting in the middle east / somewhere and flying back to Cyprus via LHR. That assumes you can get to the middle east / somewhere destination directly from Cyprus.
The other thing to consider is using the voucher expring in May2024 to start a trip as only the outbound flight has to be before the expiry date. Then use the other voucher to travel back to Cyprus and then back to the starting place. Then use the original voucher to come back again. Not sure I’ve explained that too well but it does allow some flexibility.3rd December 2023 at 01:12zapato1060 539 posts
Your best bet East is Larnaca and using Qatar for your travels. Q Suites possibly. Your only 3hrs from Doha.4th December 2023 at 10:36The real Swiss Tony 633 posts
LCA-DOH is an A320. Sometimes it has lie flat seats (or close on), but when I did it, it was just armchair style recliners. I do however think you need to be pragmatic about the 2-4-1s and whether they actually hold any value for you. Redeeming them just for the sake of it to go somewhere you don’t want to does seem a bit pointless.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- slidey on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- revkev7 on InterContinental Edinburgh – lounge and rooms
- yorkshireRich on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- derbydave on Driving in Japan
- Harrier25 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JDB on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
- Alan TJ on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JohnBart on Virgin flight Point Booster – good idea?
- Super Secret Stuff on BA Prepaid Mastercard card closure
- Hotwings on Qatar The NinetyThird lounge, don’t waste your points [free meal not provided]
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.