Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Avios Balance Booster – new way to buy Avios at BA.com

• astra19 53 posts

Just seen at shopping.ba.com – you can multiply the Avios you’ve earned in the past month and pay 0.92p each for the privilege. Interesting.

KevinC 76 posts

Very interesting. It includes Avios earned from the credit card and from Wine Flyer. 10% bonus on Avios bought in June and July.

ClubSmed 174 posts

The 10% bonus brings it down to ~0.84p per Avios

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

Ah – thought I was getting a worse rate but you need to slide the counter to the end to show the 3 x conversion amount!

I think that works out similar to when they have a 50% bonus offer on?

KevinC 76 posts

Ah – thought I was getting a worse rate but you need to slide the counter to the end to show the 3 x conversion amount!

I think that works out similar to when they have a 50% bonus offer on?

Not for smaller amounts. Buying them outright 20,000 Avios is £369. Assuming a bonus 30,000 Avios for £369 is 1.23p per avios? Someone who works in finance will be along to correct me.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,075 posts

369 / 20000 = 1.845 p per avios

369 / 30000 = 1.23 p pee avios

A quick look at my boost and it’s looking like I’ll get around .85 p per avios like @clubsmed lists above.

meta 1,435 posts

It’s personal depending on how much you earned. I’m getting 0.89p. It might be beneficial to wait till later if you have flight or spending planned.

ClubSmed 174 posts

It’s personal depending on how much you earned. I’m getting 0.89p. It might be beneficial to wait till later if you have flight or spending planned.

I am not sure that it is personal, @BA_Flyer_IHG_Stayer has referenced a table in another thread.

Andrew. 481 posts

BA Shopping – 1440 Avios, Credit Card Spend – 1432 Avios

Boost Balance by 8616 Avios for £79.27. I make that 0.92p per Avios.

(Shame I’m not able to boost my Avios Subscription!)

KevinC 76 posts

But you get an extra ten per cent in June and July (which credits separately) and that takes the price down to 0.84p

I enjoyed boosting my 1000 Avios from Uber for the £4 train ride.

Erico1875 145 posts

But you get an extra ten per cent in June and July (which credits separately) and that takes the price down to 0.84p

I enjoyed boosting my 1000 Avios from Uber for the £4 train ride.

So you were able to boost the UBER bonus?
    That was a very profitable train journey 🙂

David D 35 posts

Also just boosted my 1000 avios received from Uber 🙂 3x boost gives 3,000 + 300 bonus = 3,300 avios for £27.60 so 0.84p – not bad

MF176 187 posts

Considerably better value than the buy or subscribe options. Have just boosted all eligible transactions at 3x, and it posted immediately including the 10% bonus as a separate transaction.

smblcklck 56 posts

Rather tempted by this, actually.

I wonder if you can boost a SUB

Bill_B 84 posts

Rather tempted by this, actually.

I wonder if you can boost a SUB

I was given the option to boost my 70000 BA Amex SUB!

truthbetold 130 posts

Note that the default is 2x. Slide to 3x to get best pricing. Seems like a no brainer.

truthbetold 130 posts

Is a devaluation coming? After AA and United it can’t be far off

Erico1875 145 posts

@truthbetold
    I wouldn’t be surprised.
    Rule of thumb for everything else ie food inflation, Tesco CC points. I’d think 33% hit in next 6 months

Roberto 281 posts

Devaluations are happening all the time but it’s generally the cash element (taxes and fees) on award bookings that creep up. In saying that things like the £1 + avios fares are pushing people towards spending more avios too.

Earn and Burn… it’s the secret to happiness

Mikeact 232 posts

Surprised there’s been no article about it on here..I’ve just tripled, +10%, 20000 Avios up to 60+k…great value for money.

yonasl 953 posts

Had my Barclays 100,000 bonus this month so BA is proposing 347,000 at £3,040!

newel 28 posts

Had my Barclays 100,000 bonus this month so BA is proposing 347,000 at £3,040!

…and are you going to go for it?

Definitely an interesting proposal and could provide some very nice opportunities (especially with 10% bonus) for people who have had sign up bonuses hit their credit cards.

Seems that the buy rate is very similar to what the original avios subscription rates were before they were hiked recently. Obviously slightly better with the temporary 10% bonus. I imagine BA see this as another way to get people use to buying avios and then start hiking up the rates and hope they keep doing it.

As others have said, these recent moves would seem to suggest a devaluation of sorts is on the horizon, but even allowing for a moderate devaluation the rates still seem to offer good value if you do need additional avios.

WaynedP 258 posts

Interesting and also surprised no HfP article yet.

Thanks, I wouldn’t have known other than for this thread, and on checking found myself eligible to boost 109,785 Avios for £918.20 due to recent long-haul flights and an 8xAvios on an April Booking.com chunk that’s just posted in last 30 days.

That’s an even better rate (<0.84p per Avios) than the Explorer Avios subscription that I took out this year (just under 0.9p per Avios) so was happy to bite the bullet given how quickly I’m racking up Companion Vouchers these days.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

I’ve bitten and paid £275 for just over 33k avios (BA offer plus BAPP earning). I’ve decided to go for max avios, min cash options on my next 2 bookings so this makes sense for me just now. Let’s hope there’s no devaluation so soon after the RFS changes!

Erico1875 145 posts

@NorthernLass
    How does the maths stack with buying the Avios rather than paying higher RFS price, or is this in conjuction with a Barclays voucher where you only have choice of Max Avios/min £ ?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.