Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Avios/TP credited for a 2-4-1

• TokyoFan 16 posts

Good morning! I’m on day 3 of an exciting California tour that we’ve been waiting for for some time! Our booking was on a 2-4-1 which had been converted into a FTV from a previous booking.
    Lo and behold I’ve just checked my BAEC account and I’ve been credited the avios and tier points for the flight as if it was a cash fare.
    Do you think they’ll notice and take them back? I don’t know whether this has been happening a lot with all the bookings and re bookings people have been doing over the past few years. I’m certainly not going to tell them… It almost makes up for the last minute equipment swap from club suite to oldest tattiest B772 they could find! 😑

TGLoyalty 535 posts

Maybe they’ll stick maybe they won’t.

Which class U or I ? We’re they rebooked after a cancellation ?

TokyoFan 16 posts

Says class U on the transaction (which is why I think they might find them). I have a TP collection year end of next week so they’ll disappear anyway but the return flight would help!
    Original flights were for Tokyo which were cancelled and converted into a FTV.

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

We got that at Xmas – tier points and Avios for me on 241 Scotland to LHR, and LHR – USA. But none for partner. On return, nothing for me, but TPs and Avios for partner! Was also an FTV from a 241.

Made us both Bronze. But no TPs and avios for either of us for last month’s trip to USA, which was 50% sale tickets rebooked four times! So no silver for me!

strickers 651 posts

Don’t mention fight club.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.