Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD

• Cranzle 272 posts

I copied the following email address when I was chasing my double tier points

duty.office@holidays.ba.com
    gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com
    exec-club.socialmedia@ba.com

I resent the email thread daily for about a week and it was resolved. The final reply came from gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com and another reply came from Duty.Office@holidays.britishairways.com

I would email all address one one email and chase daily

jayjay 74 posts

I resent the email thread daily for about a week and it was resolved. The final reply came from gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com and another reply came from Duty.Office@holidays.britishairways.com

Duty office responded pretty quickly

“ Due to a current backlog of claims, the team responsible for this are advising that tier points will be credited within 60 days of returning. If you haven’t received your tier points by this time, please do let us know, and we’ll chase this matter up for you.”

Eoc 34 posts

Having looked at rules of the BAH double TP promo you have to stay 5 nights OR take 5 days car hire. Hmm. If I arrive say Monday lunchtime in Tenerife and depart say Friday night back to Uk then my car hire will be for 5 days but only 4 hotel nights. Anybody had this issue? I can’t see a definition of “5 days car hire” whether it means 24 hours or a calendar day for qualifying purposes. I dont want to surrender 160TP on a technicality. Thoughts?
    I promisevIndid scour the old posts and Flyertalk but to no avail.

Richie 989 posts

If the ‘double tier points’ offer in red isn’t shown on ba.com on the right hand side in the list of possibilities, then you aren’t going to get the TPs.

ChrisC 956 posts

From the T&Cs

2 e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more

So I think that’s pretty clear.

As to the comment Richie made I certainly don’t see anything in The T&C saying it only applies to highlighted holidays only.

Richie 989 posts

I looked at a 5 night flight+hotel holiday to the Canary Islands, which included a BA codeshare flight from Madrid to TCI, it was not highlighted so I didn’t book it. It did technically conform to the Ts & Cs, I didn’t book it because I didn’t want to risk not getting the TPs.

Unique 15 posts

From the T&Cs

2 e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more

So I think that’s pretty clear.

As to the comment Richie made I certainly don’t see anything in The T&C saying it only applies to highlighted holidays only.

The clause you have highlighted refers only to the hotel stay which as you point out must be for at least 5 nights, but a holiday is still eligible where a flight and car are booked…

A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:
    a. The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays

Flights + Hotel or
    Flights + Car or
    Flights + Hotel + Car

package booking originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.

jayjay 74 posts

If the ‘double tier points’ offer in red isn’t shown on ba.com on the right hand side in the list of possibilities, then you aren’t going to get the TPs.

I thought the same but it isn’t true – there’s a known issue with it not showing always (e.g. once it showed for a journey in Economy but didn’t for the same journey in Business?). Double Points still got credited anyway as expected

Londonsteve 193 posts

It’s a very good question, as 5 calendar days of car rental will equate to only 4 nights at the destination. As the rules specify 5 nights, I would be minded to take that to mean you have to be away for 5 nights and can elect to rent a car only during the duration of your trip, but this will entail paying for 6 calendar days of car rental. The alternative will be 5 hotel nights and drop the car rental. Considering we’re talking only one extra night at your destination, I would extend the trip by one day to make sure, if it’s important to you to ensure that you receive double TPs.

Someone better informed than I might however seek to comment on the offer validity if you amend a booking to qualify that didn’t qualify in its original format. I recall the T&Cs expressly exclude flight only bookings that are later amended to include a hotel or car rental so you might need to cancel and rebook to ensure the package is a qualifying one from the off.

GaryE 45 posts

My understanding is that all BA Holidays booked for 5 days or more are covered with the double tier points providing the travel dates fall within the offer period, whether the TP offer appears in red or not.

Please advise if this is incorrect.

jayjay 74 posts

My understanding is that all BA Holidays booked for 5 days or more are covered with the double tier points providing the travel dates fall within the offer period, whether the TP offer appears in red or not.

Please advise if this is incorrect.

That’s correct, as long as the hotel and/or car is booked for the duration of the booking. E.g. you can’t have a 5 day holiday but only rent the car for 2 days.

Ducktails 17 posts

I wanted to get a rough idea of how long it’s taking for people’s BA double tier points to be posted to their accounts. Is anyone having to wait the 60 days and then having to email executiveclub@my.ba.com to ask? Is that still the right address? Thanks in advance!

davefl 1,220 posts

67 days since I got back fromt the trip.

3 weeks since I emailed that address and no reply. 12 days since I logged a formal complaint and no reply. Nearly 2 days since I emailed the duty office and no reply.

Ducktails 17 posts

3 weeks since I emailed that address and no reply. 12 days since I logged a formal complaint and no reply. Nearly 2 days since I emailed the duty office and no reply.

Why is it taking them so long? I think I’ll start chasing sooner rather than later.

jfretten@gmail.com 2 posts

I emailed duty.office@holidays.ba.com and it was sorted the same day. Note they do say they’ll only look into it if it’s been more than 60 days since you returned from your trip.

Unique 15 posts

I’ve received two lots of double TP from two separate trips. The first time I waited 30 days (original T&Cs) no points so chased using a couple of emails but most successful with loyalty.feedback@ba.com. The second time I decided to chase straight away because my TP year-end was only days away. This time despite using the same email I got a reply that they could not help as I had contacted an internal BA nailing list. I emailed again and after a few days the points were credited and my status upgraded retrospectively even though my TP year had ended a couple of days prior.

Hogdiesel 20 posts

Practically fell off my chair in surprise this afternoon when BA finally credited the double tier points from a holiday in October. Just the 125 days after we returned. Chased them twice on the exec-club.socialmedia@ba.com email. Responses both times fairly prompt, but utterly ineffectual until today. Second response was received on 7th January, so just 40 days after that when the TPs arrived.

Wing It One World 16 posts

I have just emailed today, from a trip to Malta in January. My T and C’s were also Within 30 days. I’ll await a response, however it’s all good and well all of us us complaining about this but does anyone know why BA are so poor at following up with this, they have clear and concise Terms and conditions. Is it really acceptable for them to keep break these terms, we as customers are u able to and if we do them we get charged. Surely BA should be explaining this as a matter of urgency, after all lots of LOYAL customers have taken up this offer. it would go a long way to appease customers. Surely not.

Hogdiesel 20 posts

Entirely agree with point from Wing It One World. If we knew what was going on and had confidence that BA would get there within some sort of reasonable time scale, don’t mind waiting a bit. But when its just a black hole with no communication whatsoever, all that happens is that they generate even more email/call traffic that they cannot keep up with. Mr Doyle needs to start getting a grip with this before it spirals ev en further out of control …

Karl 47 posts

Mine have now arrived from a November holiday. Timeline was something like:
    Chased up after 4 weeks – no response
    Chased up after 8 weeks – no response
    Formal complaint after 9 weeks – no response
    Emailed duty office after 11 weeks – TPs posted about 5 days later
    My girlfriend’s TPs from the holiday also posted at the same time, was pleasantly surprised about not having to chase those.

davefl 1,220 posts

Why is it taking them so long? I think I’ll start chasing sooner rather than later.

Because covid, no staff, no money, bad management. Pick any 4 from those 4 options.

It’s now 72 hours since emailing duty office and no reply, so jfretten got lucky with a same day response

ChrisC 956 posts

I’m not surprised no response from the BA hols duty office because of the storms they are likely dealing with really important issues such as getting people home or arranging accommodation for those that can’t get back home because of cancellations – the urgent things the DO is designed to deal,with.

davefl 1,220 posts

I’m not surprised no response from the BA hols duty office because of the storms they are likely dealing with really important issues such as getting people home or arranging accommodation for those that can’t get back home because of cancellations – the urgent things the DO is designed to deal,with.

I understand that but BA’s marketing departmet should stop writing cheques that their IT and CS can’t cash.

The conditions of booking stated 30 days, it’s now 69 days and others have been waiting way longer. I only booked the trip with BA (who I loathe) because of their marketing and the very fact I’d be silver by mid jan. Silver status was something I needed to actually save money on upcoming travel. That window is closeing for me, BA management are responsible and I have no recourse.

Ducktails 17 posts

Did you wait for your 30/60 days to be up before emailing? I emailed all three and have been told to wait. If I had confidence that BA would post I wouldn’t be concerned but they just can’t cope with anything!

Jock MacSporran 2 posts

Just had a same-day response from gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com. Had two holiday bookings awaiting bonus tier points but I am also approaching year end so that may have prompted the quick action.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.