Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD

• Unique 15 posts

I’ve seen several posts on here where people are chasing missing TP from the double TP offer. I was in the same position but thought I’d share my experience. I was at Blue level with TP year-end of 8 Feb 22, and zero TP. I had a holiday in Dubai in WTP which got me to Bronze. I had to chase for the bonus TP after 30 days but got a quick response and points added. I then booked two more holidays one CE and one CW that would have allowed me to achieve Gold status. This time I didn`t wait to chase and followed up with BA after the CE trip, within a couple of days the bonus TP were added and I made it to silver before the CW trip.

My CW trip returned just 6 days before the end of my TP year so I again chased BA very soon after my last flight. This time I got varied responses from “there’s currently a backlog of claims and taking up to 60 days to add points” to “sorry cannot help you’ve emailed an internal list”. I was doubtful of getting the points added before the end of my year but hoping that BA would apply the TP retrospectively. Yesterday I had a pleasant surprise when BA responded to one of my emails and confirmed the bonus points had been added and my move to Gold was confirmed.

Hopefully, this gives reassurance to others that you can get the bonus points well before the stated 60 days but does take some chasing up.
    The email I had the most success with was loyalty.feedback@ba.com

mly15 2 posts

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me – I want to book a BA Holiday (flight + Hotel) however I wanted to check. Some of the holidays come up listing double tier point offer and some do not, is this because they are only applying the offer to certain bookings? I can’t seem to find anything in the T&C’s..strangely the holiday I wanted to book gets the offer in economy but not in business..

Thanks for any help!

tiriavpo 312 posts

Not sure, but probably BA’s quirky IT. We did a 5-day domestic holiday, flight + car, in business. Don’t recall seeing anything about the deal on any of the booking pages but we got the extra TPs, albeit after emailing a month after the return.

The Original Nick 112 posts

Interesting as I’ve noticed that this morning as I’m looking to book the same for my parents. If they were to pay a deposit now for the holiday can they then use a Evoucher to pay for the remainder of the booking via phone?

cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

you have a chance via e-mail if you get an agent in a good mood.

The Original Nick 112 posts

What email address did you use?

GiddyKipper 8 posts

I have just booked quite a bargain holiday for school holidays end of May. 1 week in Menorca and booked business flights from LHR via Madrid (at the price I got I’m happy with the stopover as decent flight times). All flights are operated by Iberia.

My question relates to the double tier point offer.
    The LHR to MAD flights are BA coded but the MAD to MAH flights are IB coded. I note that to get double tier points the flights should be BA or codeshare. Obviously 2 of my 4 flights are. Would I qualify for double tier points and if so, would this be for the two codeshare flights only?

Richie 987 posts

I looked at a holiday that included LPA-MAD Iberia Express operated flights with BA flight numbers, wasn’t included in the offer.

normanna 28 posts

I had similar issue. I phoned BA and when they eventually answered, the agent couldn’t advise why the offer was showing on some packages and not others but she assured me I would get the double points and I’ve taken the risk and flying home from Dubai after 5 nights…. we shall see.

sxparkin 54 posts

A few quick updates – We chased up missing Tier points from the double offer for my wife and daughter who travelled on a BA holiday in Sept 21 – we used the 2 BA email addresses suggested in a recent HFP article and attached the ticket numbers 125— etc as a photo for both passengers, the booking ref the dates etc – we heard back from BA within 5 working days – Just to note that as per the HFP article you only have 6 months to claim the missing avios and double tier points that need to be added manually ! Also note that BA say the double tier points can take up to 60 days to be added (in the case of my wife and daughters – they never were until we chased it up using the HFP suggested emails – given the other notes on missing or incorrect Avios and Tier points – It is worth checking and chasing up — Also given the ’60 day manual add’ time of the Tier points I just wanted to check that as long as your flights are within the dates of the BA EXEC club Tier Point Expiry Date – you are ok ? Given my recent experience I was wondering if a scenario could occur given BA’s issues with their systems whereby you flew the qualifying number of flights and had correct Tier points etc BUT because the Tier points had not been added manually within the membership year you could find yourself not qualifying or being downgraded EVEN THOUGH you have the correct qualifying flights and Tier points ? This is why it is IMO very important to chase up and track all of the activity on your BA account if like me you often spot you are a few points short a month or two before the Collection period for membership expires ! This is especially true whilst we have the double tier points offer that are Manual Add only to your account and in our families case ONLY got added when we checked in time (up to 6 months from travel) Hope this is not too confusing and helpful !

JeffB 10 posts

I had a similar issue complicated by travel out and return crossing my membership year at 8th January. Post was on 13th Dec if you want to view.
    Anyway, after chasing, my onus tier points were added retrospectively to each individual flight
    ,,, copy of outcome here
    UPDATE

Today I received confirmation that my bonus tier points had been added, & applied to the December flight & January flight individually
    The addition to my Dec flight moves me to Silver plus the bonus for 9th Jan flight gives me a decent start to the ’22 collection year
    Happy traveller

bonvoy_traveller 14 posts

Has anyone had any luck in emailing and getting the points added on before the 60 days is up?

andrew 20 posts

If the TPs haven’t posted after 60 days and you miss a status upgrade I think you’d be on strong grounds to bill BA for some posh meals in the terminal the standard of the marketing drivel on their website until it’s rectified.

BA will only improve when it’s more costly not to.

Whisper2 42 posts

We had a 5 day trip to Tenerife, on 11th Dec. I emailed the BA social media email address on 11th Jan (approx 30 days – which was what was in the Ts&Cs when we booked). Exactly one week later I got a reply to say my details had been forwarded and gave a customer service case number. After exactly another week, the points were added to my account – but not my wife’s. My wife then emailed the BA social media email address and she got them added the next day.

So we got them in 45ish days.

Unique 15 posts

Has anyone had any luck in emailing and getting the points added on before the 60 days is up?

I took advantage of the double TP offer for two holidays one CE and the other CW. The base points were added a couple of days after each flight and I emailed to request the bonus points, having read on HfP that this was a manual process. I waited for 30 days but bonus points had still not been added (at that time the terms stated 30 days for bonus points). I received a reply to my email the next day and the points were added to my account at the same time.

I emailed using this address : loyalty.feedback@ba.com

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    davefl 1,219 posts

I’ve so far emailed the execclub address and had no reply after 7 days, and yesterday logged it as a formal complaint. It’s been 53 days since my return flight. I’ll try loyalty feedback as well, thanks.

Unique 15 posts

I’ve so far emailed the execclub address and had no reply after 7 days, and yesterday logged it as a formal complaint. It’s been 53 days since my return flight. I’ll try loyalty feedback as well, thanks.

I’ve emailed them again today but this time I received the following reply

We are unable to process your request as sent through to an internal mailing list.
    Please contact your local British Airways Contact Centre to request this or any other queries.

Olly1 5 posts

After 67 days, since my BA holiday return my double tier points still haven’t posted, though the Avios and original tier points. I do not know what the qualifications are for call handlers but the ones I have managed to eventually get through to were useless. I know, I actually managed to get through! Anyway, what have people used as contact details to get it done. I read on the forum of the Loyalty@ba email address but are there any other successful routes?
    Many thanks

FFoxSake 217 posts

I had a quick response and resolution via this email… duty.office@holidays.ba.com

ChrisD 11 posts

I’ve been waiting 130 days since the end of September for my double avios to post and 86 days for another BA Holiday in November. I’m not holding my breath, but it’s far from customer friendly! Just need to make sure I get round to contacting them before the 6 months are up!

ChrisC 956 posts

Why not cointact them now?

The sooner you start the sooner it will finish.

Olly1 5 posts

@ ChrisC I have done, as I mentioned but got no response hence the question about other avenues of contact. Thank FFSake… well try that.

jayjay 74 posts

Just emailed the address you mentioned and got this response a few min later:

“We are unable to help you as you have contacted one of the internal email lists for British Airways.
    Request you to contact your local British Airways contact Center for any queries.”

GillyDee 92 posts

Just emailed the address you mentioned and got this response a few min later:

“We are unable to help you as you have contacted one of the internal email lists for British Airways.
    Request you to contact your local British Airways contact Center for any queries.”

+1

moiragcooper 2 posts

Hubby and I booked flights and car hire on one booking, all under the same reference and paid for at the same time, for 8 days in Orlando last November. Tier points were posted but not double points. I added this to a complaint about a damaged bag (paid in full, thank you) and was given a case number and advised it had been forwarded to Exec club to deal with. Two weeks later, 27 Jan, got response from Exec club stating my booking hadn’t been selected as qualifying for the offer and had been forwarded to the Promotions manager. Still haven’t heard back, two weeks later, despite asking for an update after one week. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.