Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD

• Cranzle 272 posts

I copied the following email address when I was chasing my double tier points

duty.office@holidays.ba.com
    gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com
    exec-club.socialmedia@ba.com

I resent the email thread daily for about a week and it was resolved. The final reply came from gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com and another reply came from Duty.Office@holidays.britishairways.com

I would email all address one one email and chase daily

Did you wait for your 30/60 days to be up before emailing? I emailed all three and have been told to wait. If I had confidence that BA would post I wouldn’t be concerned but they just can’t cope with anything!

I waited around 30 days. I don’t care much for their T&C’s about 60 days because when they launched the offer that wasn’t the case and even after 60 days, there are many reports that they aren’t crediting. They really shouldn’t be launching offers with no mechanism to efficiently honour them. Imagine trying to start chasing after 60 days and waiting perhaps another 30 days for a resolution. That could mean you lose 90 days of status.

My strategy with BA is just to hound them any which way possible to get what I’m entitled too.

It might also be worth contacting them via Twitter.

Rona Whyte 2 posts

My husband and I took a BA holiday flights plus accommodation for 7 days to Spain from 1-8th February. I’ve tried to get an answer from BA to see if we are eligible for double points but have had no reply from BA. My points run out on 8th April, so if I can get the extra points it would mean I can keep my bronze status. Anyone know if there was a certain amount we had to spend to qualify for double points please.

Cranzle 272 posts

My husband and I took a BA holiday flights plus accommodation for 7 days to Spain from 1-8th February. I’ve tried to get an answer from BA to see if we are eligible for double points but have had no reply from BA. My points run out on 8th April, so if I can get the extra points it would mean I can keep my bronze status. Anyone know if there was a certain amount we had to spend to qualify for double points please.

My understanding is that your booking would be eligible (although you haven’t stated when you made the booking)

Keep chasing them for your Tier Points using all available contact methods on this thread an on Twitter. I chase daily and it was resolved in around 10 days. They should back date your status

Richie 984 posts

If you use the create trip function and fly to Madrid, stay 3 nights, then get the AVE to Seville, stay 2 nights and then fly back to London, does this qualify for Double TPs?

Ducktails 17 posts

Nothing from Twitter but I finally got a reply from gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com saying they’ve added the double Tier Points (160) and that my 5 nights and flights were eligible. Log in to see that they’ve added 0, literally 0. Took a screen shot but can’t upload to send.

I’m assuming if they had been added correctly, my new status would’ve be triggered automatically?

optomdad 13 posts

Do you need to register for the double tier points? I can’t see a link anywhere and going on a BA Holiday soon. Thanks in advance

ChrisC 956 posts

Do you need to register for the double tier points? I can’t see a link anywhere and going on a BA Holiday soon. Thanks in advance

No registration required you just need to book one that meets the requirements.

optomdad 13 posts

Thanks!

YFP 29 posts

Does anyone have a history of getting the double tier points in less than 30 days? Have a couple of short ba trips that occur within 30 days of my BAH return booking. Is it worth chasing up earlier to try and get silver before those trips, or CS likely to refer back to T&Cs?

Unique 15 posts

Does anyone have a history of getting the double tier points in less than 30 days? Have a couple of short ba trips that occur within 30 days of my BAH return booking. Is it worth chasing up earlier to try and get silver before those trips, or CS likely to refer back to T&Cs?

It’s very hit and miss but I’d say worth chasing up. Given BA’s current IT woes not optimistic you`ll get a quick response but I have been successful in the past so nothing to lose I guess.

CookieBobs 7 posts

To throw my own personal experience into the mix, I got my double points today even though our return flight was only on 3oth March. I emailed the three email addresses previously mentioned. I explained in my email that was chasing a future status and wanted to confirm the double tier points before I booked our next trip. I don’t know if that helped or whether I just got lucky.

Either way I’m 35 points from silver and I have a Club Europe (UK internal) flight in June. It therefore now time to plan how I’m going to get gold without having to sell a kidney!

TheBlood 18 posts

I don’t know if I’m going crazy or not…but I assumed anyone that travelled on a qualifying BA holiday would recieve double TP’s. After chasing BA to credit TP’s to take me and my brother to Gold from a recent trip, I got the following response:

“Thank you for contacting British Airways.

This is in reference to your email about double tier points query. I would like to inform you that a request has been raised to credit the remaining tier points for that Holiday and it will be actioned within next 7 business days.

Please note that as per ‘Double Tier points offer’, only the member who pays for the booking gets double tier points awarded.
    Therefore, I regret to inform you that Matthew’s account will not receive double tier points.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on dedicated Silver number which can be found when you login to your account.

Regards”

I don’t know whether I’m fuming / confused /angry or is everyone else aware of this?

Paasan69 30 posts

BA is incorrect. I’ve been on several BAH trips the last year with my girlfriend and we’ve both received the double tier points (after chasing BAH). There is nothing in the T&Cs that would suggest that only the person who pays for the booking would receive the double tier points: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/offers/holidays-double-tier-points

Reply to them and let them know that what they are claiming is incorrect according to the T&Cs and your brother should receive double tier points too.

yonasl 953 posts

I don’t know if I’m going crazy or not…but I assumed anyone that travelled on a qualifying BA holiday would recieve double TP’s. After chasing BA to credit TP’s to take me and my brother to Gold from a recent trip, I got the following response:

This is in reference to your email about double tier points query. I would like to inform you that a request has been raised to credit the remaining tier points for that Holiday and it will be actioned within next 7 business days.

Please note that as per ‘Double Tier points offer’, only the member who pays for the booking gets double tier points awarded.
    Therefore, I regret to inform you that Matthew’s account will not receive double tier points.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on dedicated Silver number which can be found when you login to your account.

Regards”

I don’t know whether I’m fuming / confused /angry or is everyone else aware of this?

This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

I suppose the guy that replied to your email read the above t&c and decided that “who books” is the person paying/doing the booking.

This makes no sense as your brother or any other person travelling

Regards”

I have had double booking for me and my gf so they definitely read the t&c differently in your case.

On their website it says:

An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking

Maybe they are now considering this differently and “who books” is the person paying?

I suppose next time my gf is with friends she won’t be able to say “we booked a holiday” but instead “my bf has booked” (not even “we have booked”).

GaryE 45 posts

Thanks for the information as to who to contact to receive the double tier points.

Emailed the 3 BA addresses as recommended here on 19/4 (30 days after completing our travel) and got a reply today from the gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com awarding us the double points – which I was amazed at the speed of response, as I am still waiting for a reply from the Avios complaints team as they awarded us the wrong bonus points for the same booking!

To answer the other point raised here, both my wife and I got the double points, even though I made the payment – so I think there is some inconsistency regarding this issue at BA.

Rma 27 posts

Re BA holidays double tier points. If you select the flight option which requires a change of flight in Madrid for travel from LHR to the Canaries, does this still qualify under the double tier points offer? Also, do the Iberia flights count towards the four flight requirement for retaining Silver? I would be interested if anyone has experience of these situations. Thank you.

YFP 29 posts

Thanks for the information as to who to contact to receive the double tier points.

Emailed the 3 BA addresses as recommended here on 19/4 (30 days after completing our travel) and got a reply today from the gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com awarding us the double points – which I was amazed at the speed of response, as I am still waiting for a reply from the Avios complaints team as they awarded us the wrong bonus points for the same booking!

To answer the other point raised here, both my wife and I got the double points, even though I made the payment – so I think there is some inconsistency regarding this issue at BA.

Just to confirm this as well. Emailed all 3 email addresses on the 11/4, 21 days after my trip. Got a response 3 hours later from the duty office explaining that due to a backlog of claims, points will be credited within 60 days. On the 20/4, exactly 30 days after my trip, got an email from gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com crediting the additional tier points, and silver shortly thereafter. Both myself and my partner got the tier points but I made the payments. It seems that if you send an email a couple of days before the 30 days are up to gecs, you’re likely to get it bang on 30 days.

PotterMoose 2 posts

I don’t think this has been raised before, but apologies if it has or if I am missing something: my status runs out on 8th July. If I book a double tier point holiday which would meet the 300 points requirement for Silver next year and the initial 160 points credit as normal when the holiday is taken but I have to wait 60 days for the other 160 points, would they be effectively backdated to give me the 320 I need? Or have I left it too late as I now don’t have 60 days to book and take a holiday?

GaryE 45 posts

I don’t think this has been raised before, but apologies if it has or if I am missing something: my status runs out on 8th July. If I book a double tier point holiday which would meet the 300 points requirement for Silver next year and the initial 160 points credit as normal when the holiday is taken but I have to wait 60 days for the other 160 points, would they be effectively backdated to give me the 320 I need? Or have I left it too late as I now don’t have 60 days to book and take a holiday?

My understanding that the tier points are credited to the year that you earned them in, and not when they are posted.

elguiri 216 posts

What information did you need to send to the above mentioned email address? Ticket numbers? Booking Ref? Each person’s Exec number? Flight details? My trip from Feb still hasn’t credited with double tier points, so am going to have to follow the same process.

DreamingOfFirstClass 16 posts

As far as I am aware the double TP offer is for 5 night minimum and the hotel or car have to be booked for the whole duration of the trip annoyingly.
    If anyone has found a way around this I’d be very interested, such as 2 week holiday but only 5 days car hire or hotel booked via BA would be great !

ChrisC 956 posts

As far as I am aware the double TP offer is for 5 night minimum and the hotel or car have to be booked for the whole duration of the trip annoyingly.
    If anyone has found a way around this I’d be very interested, such as 2 week holiday but only 5 days car hire or hotel booked via BA would be great !

There isn’t a way around it. The car / hotel needs to be for the entire trip.

ChrisA 12 posts

I’m just about to book a flight & car to OTP. Am I right in thinking I don’t need to collect the car in order for the tier points to still post & be doubled?

duggie1982 261 posts

I will end up being 435 away from gold (after current points run for silver and another holiday in September) so now trying to frantically decide if i should do another tier points run to Morocco (or somewhere else that lets me bag the points) to get the 480 business class booking in October before the end date

for my silver points run I am going to leave the hotel a few days early to change location, will that matter as i have booked it for the full trip or could this be problematic?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    martinwadley@mac.com 3 posts

I’ve been trying to contact BA about two qualifying booking in February and March.
    No replies from emails sent to exec-club.socialmedia@ba.com or executiveclub@my.ba.com
    Eventually got through on phone to executive club today.
    Apparently computer ‘glitch’ means automatic system to award points is down and all bookings are being done manually.
    Feb bookings will be complete by end of May and March bookings by end of June.
    I re in sceptical so will keep emailing and Tweeting.
    Have now tried gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com and duty.office@holidays.ba.com recommended by this thread so hope to get a result soon.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.