Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Bangkok on BA – indirect options to use 241?

• Zoe P 30 posts

Hello all

I am trying to figure out how I get to Bangkok BA using 241 voucher. I know BA doesn’t fly there but do you think that will change at any point.

Thanks
    Zoe

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,080 posts

Despite its apparent popularity it’s not on BAs list to restart for quite some time (if ever)

Aston100 1,383 posts

Not sure what the current visa situation is with India, but perhaps flying into Madras or one of the other four Indian airports served by BA might be an option?
    I think Air Asia fly between MAA and BKK.
    Would probably be cheaper and certainly a lot easier to get availability that way compared to say Singapore.

Zoe P 30 posts

Thank you both!

Vit 158 posts

Agreed with above. I am not sure at all if BA will ever go back to BKK considering amount of flight QR is flying there and not to mention Oman Air (newly OW member) also doing it. I guess you can get into and out of TYO and HKG but the recent RFS ruined the HKG a bit. We are using up our 2-4-1 voucher. Once done I think the game-plan will need to change if this continues.

marks7389 425 posts

If you want to fly in Club World availability to Singapore is not so bad with the new style vouchers, even direct from London – and will likely be better if you’re connecting from elsewhere in the UK.

But to be honest if you want to go to Bangkok or anywhere else that BA doesn’t fly directly it will be easier and in all likelihood a better experience to fly with Qatar. QR business class to Bangkok will set you back 150K Avios plus £562 return.

With a new style 241 voucher, BA will set you back (all off-peak return, for 1 or 2 people per voucher):

*110K Avios plus £600 per person to Singapore with a 2.5hour onward flight
    *100K Avios plus £550 per person to Hong Kong with a slightly longer onward flight
    *90K Avios plus £450 per person to Chennai with a 3.5hour onward flight

So fewer Avios, and in most cases less cash, but then you have to factor in the time, money and hassle for a separate connection on top. I realise QR means a stop in Doha, but it will at least be a through booking.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.