Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Booking lap infants on QR metal, Avios bookings

• MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Hi,

On BA award tickets you can book lap infants for 10% of the Avios + 10% of the taxes of the Adult ticket.

I’ve read somewhere that this *isn’t* currently possible to do on Qatar airways award bookings. Can someone confirm or share any data points for booking a lap infant on a Qatar award booking please?

Looking at DUB/LHR-DOH-SYD which is 90,000 Avios and either £200 or £400 in taxes for the adult. (LHR may be worth the extra ££ with the lounge at Heathrow and A380 all the way, I value the space of the bar over QSuite on 777)

gtellez 162 posts

I booked it a couple of months ago (from Manchester to KL) without problems. You can add the infant at the time of booking online with BA, not sure with QR.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Hi @gtellez, that’s interesting to hear. Was that a cash ticket though or Avios?

When I contacted Qatar airways through their online chat, they told me that it wasn’t possible at all to have lap infants on Business class award bookings:

“Please note that infant cannot be added to business class award ticket. These are the conditions:

Infant are allowed to be booked in Economy cabin only for an award booking

Adult should be holding an award Economy class ticket which is marketed and operated on Qatar Airways

Adult’s award ticket should not have any OAL or code share leg Infant requires 10% Avios of the adult”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.