Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Card received from HfP offer period?

• iamlost 108 posts

For those of us who applied during the HfP promo (28/3-4/4), I’m curious if people have started getting their cards in the post?

I applied on Monday 28th and still nothing in today’s post… I’ve never waited this long for a card to arrive.

spoonfork 8 posts

I just got off the phone with Barclays.

I Applied Tuesday 29th. Got the 5-day referral (and zero emails from Barclays)
    Just phoned to check the status. Has been approved and they could see my card should be with me tomorrow with Pin following a couple of days after.

Marc 43 posts

After all the shambles in the first month, are people really expecting a delivery within 5 working days now?

lollyfry 44 posts

I would definitely call @iamlost. I applied on the first day too, waited 2 weeks for the card and then called. The lady on the phone said my card had not actually been ‘triggered’ in the system (so would have never arrived). She did that and then it arrived 2 days later

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

I just got my card yesterday, so 7 days from application. I didn’t receive any notification of successful application though – the first I saw of it was when it was loaded into my Barclays current account app over the weekend!

iamlost 108 posts

I would definitely call @iamlost. I applied on the first day too, waited 2 weeks for the card and then called. The lady on the phone said my card had not actually been ‘triggered’ in the system (so would have never arrived). She did that and then it arrived 2 days later

Thanks. I called and, after a half hour wait (clearly Premier means nothing anymore), I was told mine was dispatched on Thursday at 1:46pm (precise!) so should arrive any day now. Given I was accepted immediately on Monday, I’m not sure why it took 3 days to post it out but hey ho.

Rui N. 831 posts

Received mine today. Applied Monday last week.

Given I was accepted immediately on Monday, I’m not sure why it took 3 days to post it out but hey ho.

The card has to be made, no?

SteveCroydon 66 posts

I applied for the HfP Barclaycard Avios Plus offer on the first day (Monday 28th March). Immediately accepted with £9k credit limit after allowing a one-time check of my bank account. One email received, but nothing since to indicate progress of the application. To my utter astonishment the card and PIN letter both arrived yesterday (4th April). So only one week to process the application. My upcoming big car service will immediately trigger the 30,000 Avios bonus. Even the online account and card activation worked first time, as did my first transaction. SHOCKED!!!
    Also, two weeks ago I was approved for the Amex Platinum card with the 60,000 MR bonus. That only took two days to arrive and already halfway to the bonus.
    So, that’s 100,000 points coming my way to spend on anything but BA!
    Registered for Qatar Privilege Club on 30/3/2022, but as we all know they have reneged on their promise of 2,500 Avios. Guess which airline I won’t be using?!?!

Graham-Walsh 61 posts

Applied on the 28th, card arrived yesterday, used card twice, now blocked. Now they can’t revive me via the call centre. Onto another department now who have unblocked card.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Player 2 applied on Monday 28th March.
    Card arrived Monday 4th April.
    Card not working online. Fraud team unable to see any blocks or issues (just like the shenanigans many of us had with 3ds etc last month).
    Will need to raise a formal complaint I’m told.
    This in addition to the formal complaint regarding Avios not transferring to BAEC on my own card (was due yesterday).
    Not forgetting the tons of issues last month with the first wave of cards, including 2 weeks+ for card delivery; envelopes opened / tampered; unable to register card and/or account; unable to use online due to 3ds issues; malfunctioning app etc

Barclaycard need to get their act together. The number of issues experienced by us is unacceptable.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    TheHills 5 posts

Also applied on Monday but have yet to receive my card. It’s also yet to show up alongside my Premier account in the app, which is seems to be a prerequisite for most people.

I have received a few welcome emails though.

flyforfun 4 posts

I applied Tuesday morning around 8am. Accepted straight away with a generous limit.

And so far nothing. I’m concerned because of the way Barclaycards form filled in my address as I live in a block of flats. It was X (street number) Y (flat number) Building name, street. The flat that shares the X number with the street is vacant as I can see mail piling up in its letter box!

NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

Also applied on Monday but have yet to receive my card. It’s also yet to show up alongside my Premier account in the app, which is seems to be a prerequisite for most people.

I have received a few welcome emails though.

+1, although it is showing in the app waiting for me to activate the card when it arrives.

RoundTheWorld 10 posts

Applied on Friday, 1st April, accepted straight away, confirmation email arrived few minutes later. Received my card today, very impressive!

chelynnah 41 posts

OH applied Monday 28th and both card and PIN arrived today.

iamlost 108 posts

PIN arrived today but still no card!

ohanssen 31 posts

I applied on Monday 28th, and nothing arrived yet (and am flying tomorrow, where having it arrive on friday becomes the same as having it arrive in 18 days). Not the best, nor what I was expecting.

slliw 16 posts

Ordered card on the 28th March and was told it was dispatched on the 1st April. No card or PIN number despite other cards such as Gift card and Amex cards that I applied for later all turning up.

Called up Barclays and they have reissued the card… another 5 working days

Sean Mc 66 posts

Applied late eve 28th – pin arrived today – no card yet

jayjay 74 posts

Applied late on the 4th of April – got some sort of ‘we will review and get back to you’ message but haven’t heard anything since. No rejection email either yet…so hopefully it’s gone through.

rahaney 44 posts

Applied 28th. Card shows alongside premier account in app. No sign of physical card yet. Pin arrived today.

NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

+1 as above. I have a pin number but no card! Its a start!

maximus 9 posts

Applied last Friday. The card was in the post on Monday.

TheHills 5 posts

Still no card or pin for me. Not sure why 3-5 days was quoted when it’s quickly turning into 10+ business days

iamlost 108 posts

No card in today’s post either (accepted on 28th) – this is becoming a farce.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.