Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Card received from HfP offer period?

• Sean Mc 66 posts

applied 28 th pin arrived thursday last week – card arrived today.

YFP 29 posts

Applied 28th, got 5 day check, got approved on the 31st. Pin arrived thursday last week, card arrived today.

Will787 16 posts

Applied on the night of the 4th. Card received today. No pin received yet, but can see that in Barclays app.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

What a farce,statement and still no card they can foxtrot Oscar re the first £20

Iona 57 posts

My husband applied on the 3rd and got referred. Heard nothing else from Barclays but the card arrived today and we’ve just successfully paid for an Ocado order with it.

toddy 113 posts

Still no card from my acceptance on the 30th March.

Now I remember why my last Barclaycard was >10 years ago. Shambolic.

Steven 80 posts

Still no card from my acceptance on the 30th March.

Now I remember why my last Barclaycard was >10 years ago. Shambolic.

Maybe worth giving them a call to see if it has been sent out. I applied on 28th. PIN received last week but no sign of the card. I called earlier in the week to be told that the card hadn’t been sent out yet. I called again today and was advised that card was posted out several weeks ago. Has now been reported as lost and they have requested a new card to be sent out.

nevine@btinternet.com 6 posts

I received my card while away on holiday and only activated it on 13th April. Received statement already 14th April. No surprise, it only contained the £20 fee. Does anyone know when the 3 month spend to get the bonus Avios start? I’m concerned I’ve only got 2 months left to spend £2,980!

harley 109 posts

According to most data sources on here you will only have the time since the application was created and they are unable to extend it over the phone etc

Received

Rui N. 831 posts

You actually have to spend the full £3k. The fee doesn’t count for spending

JP 5 posts

Anyone else still being given the run-around? Applied and accepted 29th, rang up last week as still no card – couldn’t report as lost and replace apparently because apparently still not dispatched

Steven 80 posts

Anyone else still being given the run-around? Applied and accepted 29th, rang up last week as still no card – couldn’t report as lost and replace apparently because apparently still not dispatched

Yes, you are not alone. Applied on 28th and still waiting for the card. PIN received a couple of weeks ago. Initially I was told the card hadn’t been sent out but after speaking to their social media team via Twitter they advised that it had actually been sent several weeks ago. They marked it as lost and advised a replacement should be with me this week.

mxo 15 posts

Three weeks on, still haven’t received my card either. PIN arrived two weeks ago. Chat support said, “my apology’s (sic), you should receive your card soon”…

Nath4n 67 posts

Applied 28th, still no card here yet either – everything else including pin has arrived.
    What on earth are these jokers up to….

Nath4n 67 posts

^ Update: FINALLY received card today

Steven 80 posts

Same here, applied 28th and card arrived today.

chrishors 25 posts

Seems BC is one useless piece of garbage when it comes to customer service. That is my experience, anyway. I applied 3-4 weeks ago and told them I am self employed. Actually I am the owner of a ltd company of which I am my only employee. I pay myself £800 a month and the rest comes in dividends.
    So they gave me a MASSIVE £200 credit limit, £20 of which is taken up with the monthly fee. Then to review the credit limit they wanted an SA302 from me which I do not have. So 3 1 hour phone calls later, and an online chat, and 2 attempts to send them equivalent documents, they still won’t up the credit limit. They won’t put me through to the department that can help, and now say “someone will call you back within 5 BISINESS days”. I work, and so can’t pick up the phone at just any time they might call. A waste of time and worthless card for me. There is ZERO chance that I can spend £3000 in 3 months with a £200 credit limit.
    Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, did you resolve it?

lambshank13 53 posts

Seems BC is one useless piece of garbage when it comes to customer service. That is my experience, anyway. I applied 3-4 weeks ago and told them I am self employed. Actually I am the owner of a ltd company of which I am my only employee. I pay myself £800 a month and the rest comes in dividends.
    So they gave me a MASSIVE £200 credit limit, £20 of which is taken up with the monthly fee. Then to review the credit limit they wanted an SA302 from me which I do not have. So 3 1 hour phone calls later, and an online chat, and 2 attempts to send them equivalent documents, they still won’t up the credit limit. They won’t put me through to the department that can help, and now say “someone will call you back within 5 BISINESS days”. I work, and so can’t pick up the phone at just any time they might call. A waste of time and worthless card for me. There is ZERO chance that I can spend £3000 in 3 months with a £200 credit limit.
    Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, did you resolve it?

I had a similar experience a year ago with the Rewards 0.25% cashback card. Also self employed, was given £200 limit. Tried to upload the documents they requested (attempted five times) but the page kept crashing. After hours of waiting for someone to pick up the phone I gave up and they closed my account 60 days later.

I applied again after a few months and was instantly approved with a £3500 limit. Exactly the same information on the application form.

Very bizarre, and you’re absolutely right – CS is indeed a piece of garbage.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.