Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Cash machines in Spain with Curve

• JohnTh 61 posts

I know there have been discussions before, but do any Spanish cashmachines not charge a usage fee for Curve or Monese?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Most cash points charge for cash withdrawals in Spain regardless of the card issuer.

You will be lucky to find a non charging ATM.

Your best bet is using a Santander card at a Santander ATM.

Why do you need cash anyways? Been in Madrid since Wednesday and not needed cash once! Everyone accepts card. Didn’t need any in Malaga or Alicante (even at the beach) last year either.

bruinbrown 59 posts

I took some cash out in Seville this week and whilst I can’t speak for Curve or Monese (I used Chase) the cheapest fee I found was €0.56 on a €50 withdrawal from Ibercaja although Chase ended up not passing on the fee

Rich_A 92 posts

Do everything you can to avoid Euronet. €4 withdrawal charge if you withdraw in EUR, or an appalling rate if you let them convert.

A quick Google suggests there are some banks with low-ish fees, if you can find them. Bankinter, Banco Popular, Banco Pastor, Targobank and Caja Rural.

https://www.monito.com/en/wiki/atms-in-spain

Bobri 14 posts

Curve will not pass on the fee from BBVA and Santander

Sandgrounder 14 posts

Banca March are usually free.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.