Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Change of flight date…not communicated.

• Mikeact 232 posts

Would/should you expect some sort of communication from BA or Avios in respect of a BA cancelled flight? I only ask as just checking our CW flight to Philadelphia I’ve just seen in MMB that it has been changed to 24 hrs later. Not really a big deal but potentially screws car rental and first night hotel…and it is just over two weeks away.
    This was the last of my Lloyds vouchers. And I guess I now have to call Avios re our pre booked seats going back to last September, which are not showing either.
    Hey ho.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

Anything to do with avios.com/LLoyds vouchers bookings have to go via avios.com BUT they have been pretty good recently at responding to phone and email enquiries. You could possibly argue for re-routing if you can find an option that goes at a better time for you, but at the very least they should sort out your seats for you. Unfortunately no compo if it’s outside 14 days … which they have clearly thought of!

JDB 4,369 posts

Others have suggested previously that although the cancellation is more than 14 days prior so you aren’t entitled to the EC261 cancellation compensation, if your re-routing results in a long delay, you are entitled to the delay compensation. I found this quite hard to believe, but I’m hoping it’s correct – any further evidence/information gratefully received.

Rui N. 831 posts

It’s not correct.
    You also don’t get compensation just because a flight is cancelled within the 14-day window. The flight needs to be cancelled AND the alternative flight offered must arrive outside certain time windows:

if you are informed between 2 weeks and 7 days before the scheduled departure and you are offered re-routing which would allow you:
    to depart no more than 2 hours before the original scheduled time of departure and
    to reach your final destination less than 4 hours after the original scheduled time of arrival

if you are informed less than 7 days before the scheduled departure and are offered re-routing which would allow you:
    to depart no more than 1 hour before the original scheduled time of departure and
    to reach your final destination less than 2 hours after the original scheduled time of arriva

JDB 4,369 posts

@Rui N – this came re someone’s trip to GIG cancelled by BA c. a month in advance and rebooked for a day later by @meta who is normally tip top on this sort of thing!

I made a note of it at the time as I have a similar potential claim for a flight from Reykjavik last week, delayed by a day following cancellation, so interested on the basis of it.

dougzz99 623 posts

I’d check spam folder. Avios been very good at communicating changes to me.

Mikeact 232 posts

I’d check spam folder. Avios been very good at communicating changes to me.[/quote

Thanks, first place I looked. Strange, as at Christmas I had one from them saying it had been pushed back by 10 mins !

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.