Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation Financial Services bashing

• mario 2 posts

I have never received any notification that the IHG Premium card is closing. Am I the only one? Is that a communication failure or are they keeping it open to some?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

They are all closing. Do they have an old email for you?

mario 2 posts

No. I just checked and I even receive the statement notifications every month without fail. Very strange.

Happeemonkee 23 posts

Update!

After my card was closed in Dec 2020, I compalined about not receiving 15,000 + points. My claim was denied and I never followed through with the ombudsman. However, I updated my original complaint on 19th April adding that I had not received the free night voucher and a pro rata refund. Creation have come back to me today agreeing to all 3 elements of the complaint. Glad, after advice from the good folks on here, that I went back at them after giving up hope in 2021.

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

@LadyLondon From FoS after no reply from Creation by previous 26-ish May deadline:

“I haven’t yet received a substantive response from Creation, but I have chased this up with them this morning.

“I’ve given them until 6 June to get back to me, and as soon as I have heard from them I will let you know.”

Actually, I feel the chap at FoS is a really nice guy, sort of bloke one would enjoy a pint with. So happy to let him carry on trying with Creation.

Harrier25 852 posts

Yep, but luckily paying off all their debts before packing their bags and sodding off back to France!🇫🇷

Lady London 2,054 posts

Update!

After my card was closed in Dec 2020, I compalined about not receiving 15,000 + points. My claim was denied and I never followed through with the ombudsman. However, I updated my original complaint on 19th April adding that I had not received the free night voucher and a pro rata refund. Creation have come back to me today agreeing to all 3 elements of the complaint. Glad, after advice from the good folks on here, that I went back at them after giving up hope in 2021.

@Happeemonkee that is such good news to hear.

I hope anyone that had an old claim turned down will perhaps reconsider, think about what additionally they might claim and resubmit a new claim with the anything extra added in. Then 8 weeks if not satisfactorily resolved, you can refer it to the FOS.

Obvs not exactly only what you claimed before if you’ve left it too long to complain..hence doing a new claim with something added ideally or at least a bit different.

Lady London 2,054 posts

@LadyLondon From FoS after no reply from Creation by previous 26-ish May deadline:

“I haven’t yet received a substantive response from Creation, but I have chased this up with them this morning.

“I’ve given them until 6 June to get back to me, and as soon as I have heard from them I will let you know.”

Actually, I feel the chap at FoS is a really nice guy, sort of bloke one would enjoy a pint with. So happy to let him carry on trying with Creation.

@ColinMackinnon sounds like you’ve got someone good to have in FOS. Fingers crossed for you, please keep us informed.

WillPS 194 posts

Yep, but luckily paying off all their debts before packing their bags and sodding off back to France!🇫🇷

Very strange that they’d offer a (rewardless) credit card as the default option when the IHG agreement ends, if “sodding off back to France” is their gameplan.

JDB 4,384 posts

Very strange that they’d offer a (rewardless) credit card as the default option when the IHG agreement ends, if “sodding off back to France” is their gameplan.

Yes, it was a rather silly comment perhaps attempting to be amusing by playing to the haters?

The bank started operating in the UK during the reign of Queen Victoria and I don’t suppose the holders of the Creation Marriott card wish them to be “sodding off back to France” any more than the almost 10,000 employees BNP Paribas has in this country. I’m sure BNP/Creation will greatly miss all the customers that precipitated this debacle.

Harrier25 852 posts

Yes, it was a rather silly comment perhaps attempting to be amusing by playing to the haters?

Yes, a tongue in cheek comment…so please don’t take it seriously.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

@JDB is right – I for one do indeed hope they’ll keep the Marriott card open. A free Mastercard that gives 10 status nights and 2,000 bonus points on its anniversary, plus a point per pound on normal spend (and more at Marriott properties), is worth holding on to. However, Creation’s ineptitude also applies here as they haven’t managed to transfer the points to Marriott from my May 10th statement balance yet… could do with those extra 4k points for a redemption and this sort of thing happens waaaaay too often 🙁

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

@JDB is right – I for one do indeed hope they’ll keep the Marriott card open. A free Mastercard that gives 10 status nights and 2,000 bonus points on its anniversary, plus a point per pound on normal spend (and more at Marriott properties), is worth holding on to. However, Creation’s ineptitude also applies here as they haven’t managed to transfer the points to Marriott from my May 10th statement balance yet… could do with those extra 4k points for a redemption and this sort of thing happens waaaaay too often 🙁

So I have to humbly apologise to Creation for my jumping to blame them for my missing Marriott card points – a quick email to Bonvoy CS and the points magically appeared, so the problem must have been at their end… Still, with 72 pages and counting of Creation bashing here you can’t blame me for making that assumption!

Harrier25 852 posts

So I have to humbly apologise to Creation for my jumping to blame them for my missing Marriott card points

🇫🇷

Britbronco 18 posts

I finally got a reply from Creation today to say they have upheld my complaint and will transfer my remaining points to IHG ( I just had the free card).
    They noted that they failed to inform me that points wouldn’t be earned during the notice period. Of course they had no right to do this anyway, but I’ve got what I’m due im the end, only took 18 months!

Dan Hurley 22 posts

Creation are incompetent dimwits to the end.

They closed my account (same time as the Curve closures but I have never had a Curve account) without any explanation after it was open 3 months.

The only reasons I can think of were either I paid on full every time and paid £0.00 in interest or that my spending was unusually high as I work for a supermarket and got friends that were shielding shopping for them (no profit to me) maybe they thought it was business use. Other than that maybe they didn’t like me paying my bill by credit card, they allowed that, I didn’t do it through the back door with Curve. I paid by card directly, if anyone had any complaints about that it should be the other card provider. Anyway they are within their rights to close it but not withhold the points. For the fact they’ve done that I say we’ll done to the people that screwed them using Curve well done.

They stopped transferring points on the date of the closure letter and tried to justify this to me saying the Ts and Cs said they could change the terms at any time without notice.

I replied pointing out

1. The terms haven’t changed. They are still on public display unchanged as the accounts Ts and Cs.

2. That change needed to apply to all customers or no customers or it wasn’t a change of terms just the company not honouring the existing terms.

3. My final statement, which came after the closure letter, said continue using your credit card for the following benefits. 1 IHG Rewards point per £1 spent. Did they owe me the points or was that an outright lie?

At this point they just stopped responding and ignored me.

When the ombudsman forced them to they honoured the points and called it a “goodwill adjustment” goodwill my arse!!!!

I just looked at my IHG account for the first time since they did it. They owed me roughly 15000 points, they’ve screwed up and put an extra 0 on the end and given me a huge points balance. I would contact them and point it out, however they offered this as a full and final settlement, I accepted. They obviously want nothing more to do with me making that offer. I’m glad to give the idiots what they want and will never contact them again.

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

That’s an awesome result, hope you enjoy redeeming the points! I’m about 2 weeks into the further 8 weeks the FOS has given Creation to look into my missing 2nd free night cert …

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

FOS has just allocated a claims handler to partner. Although since she rejected the FOS solution, Creation actually gave her the Free Night and the points in April!

Shame they didn’t tell FOS.

Meanwhile, I – who accepted the FOS solution – still await my Free Night!

Aston100 1,383 posts

I raised a complaint back when the cards were closed and outstanding points not awarded. This was obviously rejected and I couldn’t be arsed to do anymore about it.
    However, in light of some recent feedback in this thread I raised a new complaint. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I got an email the other day saying they’re upholding this new complaint. Something about not having been clear with their comms.
    They’ve said I’ll get the 20k+ outstanding points transferred in the next few weeks.

Big thanks to all those who spent ages chasing Creation and the ombudsman, as that is probably what made Creation decide to hand over the points.
    Creation are a bunch of c**** and the ombudsman are a toothless disgrace.

roger 232 posts

@Aston100

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

Hearing this and previous post from @Happeemonkee, I have given another look to it from my last complaint from what seems like many moons ago.
    Will appraise this thread however Creation decides to respond. The Auto email says minimum 5 working days to respond, so let us see what happens.

qc 206 posts

I’m a bit late to the party – both my husband and I are missing the Free nights and points not awarded so we are now going to contact Creation to claim them but I can’t find an email address to send the claim to – I did speed read through several pages of this thread but nothing.

Is there an email address that everyone is using or do we just use the contact us form on their website?

We claimed and have just had a letter saying that we will get our free night, missing points and pro rata refund.

Thanks to everyone who did the legwork early on.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Hmmm…

FOS have come to me asking for my Ernie statements etc.

Creation are fighting my missing points etc with FOS.

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

Why on earth would they do that when they’ve paid out to the rest of us?! You weren’t the one doing £1 million were you 🤦‍♀️😂.

I’m not sure what the statements would prove – surely Creation knows how much you sent to Ernie and whether it was within their Ts and Cs?

Harrier25 852 posts

They’ve clearly decided to stand firm with the card users that they think they can easily prove were points recycling.

0 post

Thanks all in this thread and especially the updates on new complaints.

I raised my first complaint beginning of last month.

Got a response a few days ago and 30k points should be on there way “within 6 weeks”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.