Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Enhanced (20,000 Avios) bonus for free BA Amex

• Bill_B 87 posts

I received an e-mail this morning from the BA Executive Club offering a 20,000 bonus on the free BA Amex card (see text below). I checked but couldn’t see anything else on the site/forums, so I guess it’s a targeted offer? Worth checking your email anyway in case you received the same.

“Our biggest ever offer is back, making it easier than ever to checkout the world. Wherever it is you want to go, the British Airways American Express® Credit Card brings you closer, every time you shop.

For a limited time only, enjoy a double Welcome Bonus of 20,000 Avios with the British Airways American Express Credit Card, when you spend £1,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. That’s enough to get to over 50 European destinations.

Whether it’s on your daily coffee or a special treat just for you, almost every purchase takes you one step closer to checking out the world. But hurry, this exclusive offer ends 22 February 2022.”

colinc57 40 posts

Yep, got the same and applied

( note also offering 45,000 pts on the £250 plus card.) my spending is generally on HSBC MasterCard so find it hard to justify another fee card.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,096 posts

Do you both have BAEC elite status? I have had no email but when logging into BAEC website I am being advertised the free BA card with 10,000. Hardly worth my time! A referral to BAPP is 42,000

colinc57 40 posts

No status here. Also I have no option to take any other Amex with bonus than one of the BA cards. So 20k avois for £1k spend is a no brainier for me.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Targetted, annoyingly.

colinc57 40 posts

Just noticed email says

Introductory offers are not available if you currently hold or have held any personal American Express Card product in the past 24 months.

Oops I thought my plat cashback and business Gold was ok, but now realise that’s only on the paid version…. Well ordered now, so might still spend an try

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Cloud 21 posts

Offer launched only a few days after I took up and spend £3k on the BAPP 🙁 lost out on the additional 20k avios…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.