Forums › Frequent flyer programs › Virgin Flying Club › Help using voucher
Help using voucher
Discuss today's stories:
I have a voucher from the Virgin credit card. I have no status with Virgin and only 82,000 points.
I’d like to use the voucher but really confused about what I can do.
There will be two of us travelling and would only want upper class.
I have Amex and Barclays vouchers too so can combine.
Can I use the Virgin voucher for both of us from LAX to LHR ? Would this require booking 2 x PE tickets for cash and then using the voucher to upgrade to UC? Is there a better way to do it ? Would I be paying 2 x taxes for PE or for UC ?
Yes you can use the voucher from the US – I used one in January MCO-MAN. You need to book the whole thing by phone ideally, especially if paying cash so so you know you’re getting the right fare class. You will pay the taxes for the cabin you travel in, so UC, but someone mentioned yesterday that this is a good bit lower than the “taxes” on redemption bookings.
But with 82,000 and a voucher, I would think that would get 2 of you back from LAX in UC? Off peak PE is 27,500 points each and the voucher would upgarde you both to UC, one-way, if I’ve understood it correctly.
There is an article on here by Rob with an in depth look at how to use the voucher which is very helpful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Popular articles this week:
Bits: get your HfP Summer Party tickets, Priority Pass adds a Terminal 5 spa experience
New mega-carrier Riyadh Air reveals its livery as it starts delivery of 72 long haul aircraft
Priority Pass and Plaza Premium kiss and make up – you can access Plaza lounges from today
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- zio on Is voucher expiry “Book by”, or “Travel outbound by”?
- SamG on Marriot hotel trying to charge for child stay on a points redemption booking
- Geoggy on Who has received the 100,000 Avios?
- morglou on Barclaycard Avios plus recent enhanced welcome bonus / issues with app
- PeteM on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- PeteM on Not seated together on long haul Avios reward flight
- Captains_Son on Torquay Hampton by Hilton – any experience?
- timmy_uk on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- CharlieUK on Account lockout last night, and BA does not know why
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.