Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Help using voucher

• Jerseylou 34 posts

I have a voucher from the Virgin credit card. I have no status with Virgin and only 82,000 points.
    I’d like to use the voucher but really confused about what I can do.
    There will be two of us travelling and would only want upper class.
    I have Amex and Barclays vouchers too so can combine.
    Can I use the Virgin voucher for both of us from LAX to LHR ? Would this require booking 2 x PE tickets for cash and then using the voucher to upgrade to UC? Is there a better way to do it ? Would I be paying 2 x taxes for PE or for UC ?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Yes you can use the voucher from the US – I used one in January MCO-MAN. You need to book the whole thing by phone ideally, especially if paying cash so so you know you’re getting the right fare class. You will pay the taxes for the cabin you travel in, so UC, but someone mentioned yesterday that this is a good bit lower than the “taxes” on redemption bookings.
    But with 82,000 and a voucher, I would think that would get 2 of you back from LAX in UC? Off peak PE is 27,500 points each and the voucher would upgarde you both to UC, one-way, if I’ve understood it correctly.
    There is an article on here by Rob with an in depth look at how to use the voucher which is very helpful.

Royback 115 posts

Virgin are also having a 70% bonus points sale too!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.