Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Wembley Executive Lounge

• HJ 37 posts

I stayed here pre-covid and recall there being an excellent lounge. I know it was closed during covid but did it ever reopen?

There doesn’t seem to be the usual ‘Executive Lounge’ badge on the hotel details of the app/web but they are still selling executive rooms that are advertised with lounge access, so a little confused.

John 1,000 posts

Your question is answered on Flyertalk (in May 2022 it was open 10am to 8pm) and the most recent review on Tripadvisor as of today (the lounge is currently crap / not as good as pre-covid). These should be the first ports of call for questions about Hiltons

HJ 37 posts

Your question is answered on Flyertalk (in May 2022 it was open 10am to 8pm) and the most recent review on Tripadvisor as of today (the lounge is currently crap / not as good as pre-covid). These should be the first ports of call for questions about Hiltons

Appreciate the pointer but I don’t have an FT account and don’t intend to create one when I’m perfectly happy with the forums at HfP.

Surely you aren’t suggesting to review all external forums and other sources of information before opening discussions here, are you?

If that were the case, 90% of the content raised in threads here would be irrelevant.

Lady London 2,047 posts

Er… you don’t have to sign up to an account on Flyertalk, in order to read it @HJ.

Your options were:-

(1) Quick search on HfP. Just in case anyone had previously posted this highly specific piece of information about this particular non-Central London, non-airport hotel.

(2) Look on Flyertalk which is excellently organised and allows specifics to be found really quickly. As @John did for you. Which was kind of him.

(3) Call the hotel.

(4) Post on HfP. It will take longer than the above and involve more effort by more people. But you’re welcome.

<<toys out of pram>>

HJ 37 posts

Er… you don’t have to sign up to an account on Flyertalk, in order to read it @HJ.

Your options were:-

(1) Quick search on HfP. Just in case anyone had previously posted this highly specific piece of information about this particular non-Central London, non-airport hotel.

(2) Look on Flyertalk which is excellently organised and allows specifics to be found really quickly. As @John did for you. Which was kind of him.

(3) Call the hotel.

(4) Post on HfP. It will take longer than the above and involve more effort by more people. But you’re welcome.

<<toys out of pram>>

I did both suggestion 1 and 2 and didn’t find what I was after, so my options were to i) create a FT account and ask for an updated review there or ii) use my existing HfP account to ask the more relevant audience here.

Didn’t expect to receive not one, but two, passive aggressive replies instead!

Lady London 2,047 posts

No @HJ: once again : you can always look at Flyertalk, it’s not required to sign up there if you are just searching something. No requirement to sign up at all (I tested it before I wrote that as I wanted to be sure my recollection was true). I have no doubt @John found it as quickly as you would have as Flyertalk is a very well-organised site.

So No, you didn’t do #2, as you’d have known this if you had, actually, tried.

HJ 37 posts

No @HJ: once again : you can always look at Flyertalk, it’s not required to sign up there if you are just searching something. No requirement to sign up at all (I tested it before I wrote that as I wanted to be sure my recollection was true). I have no doubt @John found it as quickly as you would have as Flyertalk is a very well-organised site.

So No, you didn’t do #2, as you’d have known this if you had, actually, tried.

Read my reply again. I know you can browse FT without an account but you can’t comment, and the last update there was nearly 6 months ago.

In any case, if it isn’t a duplicate thread within the same forum then surely it’s fair game. If you disagree and it offends you so much, simply ignore it 🙂

RonnieB 288 posts

Back to the question, and yes it’s back in operation but no, not as good – no self service managers reception, you get served one appetiser and very little in self serve drinks.

Still a nice lounge to use during the day with coffee machine etc.

Lady London 2,047 posts

@John found it as quickly as you would have. There was absolutely no need for you to post anything on Flyertalk so you had no need to open an account. With respect, you just had to look on Flyertalk and you’d have found it just as John did.

HJ 37 posts

Back to the question, and yes it’s back in operation but no, not as good – no self service managers reception, you get served one appetiser and very little in self serve drinks.

Just completed my stay and agree with your comments. I didn’t mind the table service appetisers (beats the shoddy self-service snacks I have seen before).

Not busy at all (on a non-event weekend) so it was a nice place to work for a couple of hours during the day.

RonnieB 288 posts

Just completed my stay and agree with your comments. I didn’t mind the table service appetisers (beats the shoddy self-service snacks I have seen before).

Not busy at all (on a non-event weekend) so it was a nice place to work for a couple of hours during the day.

Yes, I really like Wembley Hilton for that reason, it’s not bad to central London on Met Line and can be very reasonable prices if no event on, I’ve two stays this month at £100 and you always get an upgrade.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.