Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How to cancel a booking made yesterday…I have 2 hours!

• pbcold 348 posts

Good morning,
    I made two bookings at 7.35am yesterday that I need to cancel/change. What is my best strategy please? I was cut off from the gold line each time I tried yesterday. I`d be so grateful for advice – thank you.

Olly 242 posts

Have you tried using “manage my booking” on the website / app? If it’s a straightforward cancellation then you shouldn’t need to speak with anyone just fill out the form and it should process automatically

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    SteveJ 979 posts

If MMB doesn’t work try calling an overseas line. Japan and India as an example are both open right now.

John 1,000 posts

Tweet BA to “prove” that you attempted to contact them within the time limit.

Try BA refund helper on flyertalk.

Bill 169 posts

Live chat on the website worked for me recently

ChrisC 956 posts

Have you tried using “manage my booking” on the website / app? If it’s a straightforward cancellation then you shouldn’t need to speak with anyone just fill out the form and it should process automatically

MMB does not work if you are claiming using the 24 hour cooling off policy, it just assume you want to cancel and will only refund the proper government taxes and airport fees and not the entire fare.

“Refunds under these circumstances can be requested by calling our contact centres”

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/legal/customer-commitment/our-customer-commitment#cancellations

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    pbcold 348 posts

Thank you all so much. MMB was, indeed a fail. I called the Goldline @ 6.00am, pressed 3 and then 3 again, got through after about 45 minutes and an hour later a very complicated cancellation/re-routing involving various vouchers and currencies was achieved with the help of a brilliant agent.

I hope this might be of use to someone and thanks to all for replies.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.