Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread

• Numpty 14 posts

The link for the World Elite card is now working in the LK app.

travelersolo 63 posts

Still not working for me. I’ll give them a call during the week but assuming it’s related to my already having a pp membership with amex

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Still not working for me. I’ll give them a call during the week but assuming it’s related to my already having a pp membership with amex

Success after two attempts, whole process a right cumbersome palava, will try Mrs Yorkieflyer after a lie down! We already had priority pass through Amex

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Player 2 also with existing priority pass now registered

Marc 43 posts

Any data points how long HSBC Reward point transfers to Emirates might take?
    They state ‘within a day’ but it’s coming up to 30 hours for me now since the request was made.

rahaney 44 posts

Anyone know when the next hsbc avios transfer bonus is likely? Cheers

JDB 4,387 posts

Anyone know when the next hsbc avios transfer bonus is likely? Cheers

Historically it has only been in late summer, so most likely quite a wait.

Imran 18 posts

I recently got approved for the paid card, and received the card earlier this month in the post. How long do I have to wait to get the Priority Pass?

Froggee 900 posts

@Imran

I don’t believe you get a separate Priority Pass. If you go to the Priority Pass website and select “Activate” you create an account by putting in your Credit Card number.

HSBC also say you can show your card at the lounge door but if doing this, make sure you say it is a priority pass or they might try and charge it full whack.

Imran 18 posts

Thank you @Froggee
    Another Q sorry. Does the HSBC PP come with a free guest entry?

alma 14 posts

Thank you @Froggee
    Another Q sorry. Does the HSBC PP come with a free guest entry?

No.

Froggee 900 posts

But, from memory, a supplemental card is £60 (or free for “Jade retained benefits” I believe) and that will get you a priority pass. So if you are flying reasonably often, it could be worthwhile filling in the application form to get one. HSBC might wish you to present yourself in branch with both sets of grandparents to voucher for your good character though.

When this happens I tend just to go to the nearest tearoom and get some random oldies to help me out.

Imran 18 posts

HSBC might wish you to present yourself in branch with both sets of grandparents to voucher for your good character though.

When this happens I tend just to go to the nearest tearoom and get some random oldies to help me out.

This cracked me up! 😂
    Thanks.

Sam 96 posts

HSBC might wish you to present yourself in branch with both sets of grandparents to voucher for your good character though.

This cracked me up! 😂
    Thanks.

You think he’s joking….. 🙃

smblcklck 59 posts

Has anyone with an additional cardholder on their account figured out how to get the HSBC app set up for the additional holder, so they can see the CC in in? Is it even possible?

Live chat had no idea what to do. Have been given a phone number at the telephone banking team where they may be able to figure out how to do it…

HampshireHog 118 posts

Downgraded to the fee free card by visiting a branch after giving up on the phone. Many festive thanks to Polly and JDB for their suggestions to allow plenty of time!
    Three calls produced nothing except empty promises and a letter referring to a missing enclosure received last week.
    In branch after enquiries they established that no form for s downgrade existed. They used the card upgrade form and manually amended it to downgrade with crossing out upgrade multiple places, I signed and they scanned it and sent it to credit card team.
    Hey presto, downgraded in app 3 days later and cards swiftly followed.

polly 293 posts

@HampshireHog
    So glad you got it sorted.. it really does take a LOT of effort, but definitely worth it for the PP newer lounge/restaurant benefits. Once again, allow at least 1 month before renewal time to get up or downgrade sorted.

HampshireHog 118 posts

@HampshireHog
    So glad you got it sorted.. it really does take a LOT of effort, but definitely worth it for the PP newer lounge/restaurant benefits. Once again, allow at least 1 month before renewal time to get up or downgrade sorted.

Thanks on the new Lloyds card for PP access with supp, process much smoother!

travelersolo 63 posts

Apologies if this was already published elsewhere om site

65gbp off with 500gbp spend for Premier card holders with expedia

https://www.homeandaway.hsbc.com/gb/en-gb/details/?oid=HA0022024_UK

ATC 25 posts

I had a painful downgrade too last year, to the fee free card. How long do I need to wait to upgrade to the World Elite card again for a new SUB? Thanks.

t0m 74 posts

Apologies if this was already published elsewhere om site

65gbp off with 500gbp spend for Premier card holders with expedia

https://www.homeandaway.hsbc.com/gb/en-gb/details/?oid=HA0022024_UK

Interesting.. not seen that advertised anywhere else! Good spot

JDB 4,387 posts

I had a painful downgrade too last year, to the fee free card. How long do I need to wait to upgrade to the World Elite card again for a new SUB? Thanks.

Do you get a SUB on upgrade, if they allow the upgrade? They sometimes require cancellation and a new application.

ATC 25 posts

Do you get a SUB on upgrade, if they allow the upgrade? They sometimes require cancellation and a new application.

Just found this on Rob’s ‘credit card page’ for the HSBC World Elite…

There is no restriction on receiving the bonus if you have previously held the card, as long as you cancelled it over six months ago, or are upgrading from the free HSBC Premier Mastercard.

soo 6 posts

OH downgraded to fee-free Premier card by requesting via secure message on account login, only annoyance is lack of new message tab so replied to a previous message. Day 2 reply referring to relevant dept, day 5 email new card sent.
    Pleasantly surprised it was painless, as previous advice was variously: to apply as new, or fill in downgrade form (yet to arrive by post), or was ready to attempt booking appointment in branch.

jimbo1084 1 post

Hi – qq, how soon after hitting the 2k spend should the first batch of bonus points appear in the points account?

Have been waiting for 2 weeks and not sure if thats the norm…Thank you!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.