Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread

The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread

• rum

Reaching the end of my 2 years with the Premier World Elite card – want to downgrade to the Premier World card.

Do I need to call or is there a way to do this online? And does anyone know if they re-issue and post a new card or can I keep my existing card and card number?

Thanks

Yikes, I realised I am in the same boat as you as well and will also be downgrading. Going to call them and will report back with an update.

rum

Yikes, I realised I am in the same boat as you as well and will also be downgrading. Going to call them and will report back with an update.

Replying to myself here…

So far have spoken to 3 different people and have been on the phone a good 40mins, 38 minutes of which has been on hold.

Are HSBC really this bad? I know they’ve had some issues with staff, but not knowing what their own processes or procedures are is really pathetic for a Premier product. The first person I spoke to couldn’t distinguish between “downgrade” and “download”!!

sloth

Replying to myself here…

So far have spoken to 3 different people and have been on the phone a good 40mins, 38 minutes of which has been on hold.

Are HSBC really this bad? I know they’ve had some issues with staff, but not knowing what their own processes or procedures are is really pathetic for a Premier product. The first person I spoke to couldn’t distinguish between “downgrade” and “download”!!

they are appalling tbh, 99% dont know their a** from their elbow and is in no way a premier experience. I did eventually speak to someone based at HSBC Malta who was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and full of common sense. definitely an outlier tho

rum

OK, I finally got an answer after speaking to a fourth person (I’ve actually lost count!). Call lasted close to an hour. This is usually a five minute job on the phone to Amex and it’s pretty straight forward.

First I asked about whether they will be giving us another year free. Best answer I could get out of them was “it’s currently showing a cost of £0 but it could change”. It’s not like I was asking for the weather forecast in April, but felt like that’s how the answer was… it maybe, could be, should be, but possibly won’t be. Clear as mud.

Then the last person I spoke with all but confirmed I need to fill in a form and post it back to them. They suggested I do that nearer the time as they may be offering £0 annual fee then, to which I suggested I had better get the form and have it here just in case. I can then send it back nearer the time and won’t need to wait for it then. I then had to answer a bunch of questions (sounded like they were doing a credit check but then they assured me they weren’t…) and hear a bunch of legal blurb (why do they tell you this over the phone when you receive it all in the post anyway?).

Long story short, forms are being sent and I need to wait for them to arrive. I think it’s a good strategy as current times for the post = expected timeframe + 10 to 14 days on top of that for my area.

TGLoyalty

You understand these are customer service staff who help with queries based upon current policies using tools/FAQs they’ve been provided etc. They’re not in anyway connected to the management within HSBC who decide if it’s going to be free of not?

They can’t tell you what they don’t know and your questioning of CS staff to tell you the future is frankly baffling.

• This reply was modified 52 years, 1 month ago by .
    BuildBackBetter

First I asked about whether they will be giving us another year free. Best answer I could get out of them was “it’s currently showing a cost of £0 but it could change”. It’s not like I was asking for the weather forecast in April, but felt like that’s how the answer was… it maybe, could be, should be, but possibly won’t be. Clear as mud.

If you had given them your crystal ball, they could have answered you in a min.

HSBC does have poor customer service, but looks like some customers have a poor attitude as well.

Lady London

Does anyone else agree that it would be useful to have the HSBC card(s) as a separate subheading within the Cards category on the forum, rather than have them under Other within the Cards category?

Rob
    HfP Staff

There is a reason why we didn’t do it, which will become clear soon enough ….

Lady London

Uh-oh.

Steven

Should those eligible therefore now apply Rob or is there perhaps a better product to come that would be worth holding off for?

Youllnever

Is it culling season again?

Rob
    HfP Staff

Should those eligible therefore now apply Rob or is there perhaps a better product to come that would be worth holding off for?

One of the two 🙂

BuildBackBetter

Oh dear! Let me atleast make full use of the annual fee waiver!

Steven

One of the two 🙂

I’m sure if it was the former, you would’ve said so . If my trust is misplaced, then please do let me know 😂

Guernsey Globetrotter

OMG – The suspense !!!

Guernsey Globetrotter

And I just realised they did charge me an annual fee – grrr – I guess it can’t hurt to try and claw that back at least before whatever the change is comes down the pipes… can it?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.