Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IC Park Lane or Kimpton Fitzroy

• Sam 96 posts

Going to use up my last cc night for a mid week stay in town after a Christmas do. Ran out of other options for the free night unfortunately

Any up to date recommendations either way? I’m diamond too

Thanks in advance

Sam

jj 520 posts

Can’t speak for the Kimpton, although it has a reputation for small rooms, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the IC Park Lane recently. I normally loathe business-focussed hotels for being anodyne and lacking any sense of place, but the IC won me over with exceptional service, especially at breakfast, which brought an appreciative smile to my grouchy face. I could have been anywhere in the world, but the room was comfortable and immaculate.

But surely the most important question must be this: which is closer to your Christmas do? After a few drinks, I’d happily sleep well n a hostel.

memesweeper 1,255 posts

I’ve stayed in both. I like the IC, others here less so. The restaurant is good too.

The Kimpton is marginally better, and if it’s not sold out, and you have status, I’d stay there — they’ll probably upgrade you.

kai 77 posts

Both are meh, but Kimpton would probably put you in a tiny room so I’d go for Park Lane.

Are you sure you don’t wanna use your free night at one of the Smith hotels?

Paul B 224 posts

Breakfast at the IC, if entitled, is by and large the superior, likewise re. room (size), however that aside for public spaces, vibe etc. I prefer the Kimpton.

Sam 96 posts

Thanks all for your input. I decided to stick with the IC. To be honest, I was a little disappointed. Everything was nice, maybe a little better compared with other U.K. hotels but not that much better. Service a little better, quality of the furnishings a little better, breakfast much better than U.K. but only marginal compared with my regular stays in mercures within Europe and not as good as my experience with nice hotels across Asia

Would have liked a smiths but left it too late and none left

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.