Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express IHG / Amex offer – spend £300, get £70 back

• Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

Has anyone managed to get the rebate from The George? It’s been 4 days now and mine hasn’t posted – every other successful use of one of these offers (including the IHG one on our other card) has triggered the cash back within 24 – 48 hours so I’m assuming something has gone wrong here.

I’m still chasing my Hyatt rebate which Amex just doesn’t seem to want to engage with!

I’ve been waiting on Deliveroo for a week, I think they’re slow at the moment

Aston100 1,383 posts

Has anyone managed to get the rebate from The George? It’s been 4 days now and mine hasn’t posted – every other successful use of one of these offers (including the IHG one on our other card) has triggered the cash back within 24 – 48 hours so I’m assuming something has gone wrong here.

I’m still chasing my Hyatt rebate which Amex just doesn’t seem to want to engage with!

That’s pretty bad.
    The worst I had was Uber Eats turning up 2 hours late.

tw33ty 187 posts

That’s pretty bad.
    The worst I had was Uber Eats turning up 2 hours late.

Taxi

chrischris2202 29 posts

Have booked the Indigo in Barcelona for Christmas and the offer shows up as redeemed in the app already, awaiting the £70.

NorthernLass 7,600 posts

@Aston100, that’s made me smile, which I needed as I’ve just had an email from Amex telling me they still can’t “see” the image I keep uploading for them and that I will have to go to the FOS if I want to take this any further! Not that the FOS holds any fear for me after Creationgate but dear God in Heaven, what has happened to Amex CS recently?

I’ve fired off another letter with a “new” complaint for the missing IHG/George £70 together with a print out of my screenshot showing the saved offers – which has inadvertently printed as A4 size so if they can’t see it now there’s no hope for me!

billyrayvalentine 25 posts

Thanks @northernass.

chrischris2202 29 posts

Have booked the Indigo in Barcelona for Christmas and the offer shows up as redeemed in the app already, awaiting the £70.

Just got the £70, was very quick this time around, 2-3 days max.

ukdoctor 21 posts

Same here.. booked a cybersale for staybridge in Birmingham for March and got the credit in 2 to 3 days

NorthernLass 7,600 posts

Amex called earlier about our missing Hyatt and IHG cashback. Said Hyatt is now pending but The George is not on their list as a participating merchant (isn’t this what others have been told?) I told him that I could see it on the PDF and he said they don’t have the one which is sent out to customers (why do they make these things so difficult?!)

So I have had to upload and email the PDF Amex sent to their own customers’ accounts, because they don’t have it and can’t see it. What a faff!

rk1 47 posts

Update on my Amex Edinburgh George Intercontinental credit – Amex rejected it because it was an online transaction – merchant used by the hotel was not eligible for the offer. I had escalated the case and AMEX were supposed to get back to me but they never did – they just closed the case. I had to chase them.

NorthernLass 7,600 posts

I think there was a wider issue with this as I’ve posted on the IC/George thread – I’ve now had the £70 plus £50 compensation for having to chase it up so many times!

rk1 47 posts

I agree there is a wider issue here. But for Amex to have closed the case without even contacting me was poor as I have been waiting since mid-October for a response.

NorthernLass 7,600 posts

They did this to me, twice, so I wrote again, asking them to open a complaint against the agent who did this! Within a week I got a call from a supervisor who asked me to upload the PDF showing participating properties as apparently Amex can’t see them (go figure!) and the £120 had been credited by the following day.

rk1 47 posts

I have also raised a complaint – the agent was trying hard not to raise the complaint but I insisted 3 times on the same call before they agreed.

LiamG 32 posts

After almost 2 months of my case being under investigation I called today to be told it was closed as well, without them telling me for the same IHG/George issue.

I’ve asked them to open a complaint too.

db8691 1 post

That’s awful. The hotel offers have been so painful this time round. Just finished a 4 week battle to claim the Hyatt credit for a stay in Nice (reasons for it being rejected including the hotel not being on the list and it being an overseas transaction!)

rk1 47 posts

Update – AMEX investigated my complaint and agreed service was poor. Was offered £50 compensation.

Grant 108 posts

Anyone had issues with pre-payments at the IC O2 not triggering the offer? I a have a stay booked for 29-31 December on the Amb weekend certificate rate. I was keen to use the offer and didn’t want to run it to the wire by settling the account on checkout in case the charge didn’t post to my Amex account until after the offer expired, so I asked the hotel to take a pre-payment for the first night. They sent me a link which I used and it initially tracked as ‘Intercontinental London O2’ but has since updated to ‘Meridian Hotel Operations London’ so clearly won’t trigger the offer without manual intervention.

The transaction details clearly show it is from the IC O2 so there should be no debate about whether the charge is eligible for the offer.

rk1 47 posts

Update – AMEX posted £70 cashback on both my cards for an advanced booking at the IC George Edinburgh last November even though AMEX told me offer was not eligible for advanced bookings.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.