Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Invite Only: “Step Up to Rewards” promotion

• dst87 263 posts

I just received an email from IHG Rewards about a new promotion they’re labelling as “Invite Only”, but I figured I’d mentioned it here anyway.

The idea is that you get some additional points depending on how many nights you stay between 1 April and 17 May, as follows:

4,000 total points for 2 nights
    7,000 total points for 4 nights
    10,000 total points for 6 nights
    10,000 total points for 10 nights
    50,000 total points for 20 nights

Unlike the current 2x promotion, the bonus points are not elite qualifying points.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

So this implies that the rest of us won’t see any IHG promotion until May 18th ….

ChrisC 956 posts

Got it as well. Easy 10k points for me on existing bookings. Won’t make 10 nights to get the 20k though.

To be fair with virtually every other IHG promo the bonus points aren’t qualifying so the 2x promo was unusual.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Super Secret Stuff 365 posts

Anyone able to post the link and we’ll see how bad IHGs IT is (has worked before)

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rui N. 828 posts

And it has also led to people getting their accounts closed for taking advantage of promotions they were not targeted for.

Peter K 550 posts

Mrs K, who is Spire, for the email. I (platinum) didn’t.

Ian 40 posts

Missed out on the 2x promotion – thought about it too late

Got this – but then I will not be Spire Elite next year – will drop to almost nothing.

dst87 263 posts

Anyone able to post the link and we’ll see how bad IHGs IT is (has worked before)

Here’s the link, though obvious use at your own risk!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.