Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes ITA Volare to… status match

• danyal 33 posts

Hi,

I know many of us have successfully received status matches to ITA Airways Premium/Executive, from other airlines.

Has anybody successfully managed to leverage this, without any statement activity, to any other airlines?

Looking to leverage it to Turkish Miles&Smiles but unsure if they’ll accept. Status Matcher has a successful challenge from ITA Airways to Turkish but it doesn’t mention if there was any statement activity.

Thanks
    D

merlin90 16 posts

A number of people managed to use it to match to Royal Air Maroc for the brief period in which they were doing a status match to their Oneworld Sapphire level. Sadly I was not among them.

I did use it for a status match to ANA (Star Alliance). I am waiting for that to be processed. For that one you need to have a US residential address, though.

danyal 33 posts

A number of people managed to use it to match to Royal Air Maroc for the brief period in which they were doing a status match to their Oneworld Sapphire level. Sadly I was not among them.

I did use it for a status match to ANA (Star Alliance). I am waiting for that to be processed. For that one you need to have a US residential address, though.

Thanks. I’m gonna give it a shot with Turkish and I’ll update the forum with the outcome.

merlin90 16 posts

Apologies, I was mis-remembering. The ANA match was from American, not ITA Volare.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

ITA Premium =} Royal Air Maroc Safar Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)

I was one of the fortunate few who applied straight away when Royal Air Maroc announced a status match promotion to their Gold Safar tier (OW Sapphire, equivalent to BA silver).

It was organised through statusmatch.com and I had to pay a €49 processing fee. Due to high volume of applications it took around 7 days to process but I was finally approved and now have Royal Air Maroc Gold until March 31st 2023, very handy for lounge access on BA.

danyal 33 posts

I was one of the fortunate few who applied straight away when Royal Air Maroc announced a status match promotion to their Gold Safar tier (OW Sapphire, equivalent to BA silver).

It was organised through statusmatch.com and I had to pay a €49 processing fee. Due to high volume of applications it took around 7 days to process but I was finally approved and now have Royal Air Maroc Gold until March 31st 2023, very handy for lounge access on BA.

I’m glad you managed to. Very handy indeed. I was too late to the party as I was complacent and didn’t think they’d pull it early. The popularity from HfP no doubt must have caused the surge in demand for it.

merlin90 16 posts

I’m glad you managed to. Very handy indeed. I was too late to the party as I was complacent and didn’t think they’d pull it early. The popularity from HfP no doubt must have caused the surge in demand for it.

It was all over the US-focused blogs too. Top-tier status (from a US airline) and/or flying in first class won’t get you lounge access on most domestic flights in the US, so having status with a non-US Oneworld airline unlocks American Airlines and Alaska Airlines lounge access.

I missed the RAM status match because I didn’t do the ITA status match when it was first available. In hindsight, it’s no wonder the RAM offer was pulled as quickly as it was. The slight surprise is that they pulled it for matches from all airlines, not just ITA.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    danyal 33 posts

Update for anyone following. The status match was approved.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.