Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club LAX to JFK on American Airlines – Does this earn Tier Points?

• ljms 14 posts

I know you get a smaller amount of Avios but how does this work for Tier Points?

ChrisC 956 posts

Yes – as long as your BA number is in the booking of course.

If you’re in Business that would be 140 TPs for example. See the tier points calculator on the BA website for other cabins.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Actually, you now earn the same number of tier points flying AA as you would on BA, as of 1st Jan.

Lula 204 posts

I’ve used the tier point calculator but am flying part of a 3 leg journey on an airline that’s an AA partner but not oneworld and not a BA partner (GOL in case it’s relevant). The tier point calculator won’t recognise my departure airport but I booked the whole trip with AA. Will I earn avios and tier points on all 3 legs or just the AA legs?

dougzz99 619 posts

I’ve used the tier point calculator but am flying part of a 3 leg journey on an airline that’s an AA partner but not oneworld and not a BA partner (GOL in case it’s relevant). The tier point calculator won’t recognise my departure airport but I booked the whole trip with AA. Will I earn avios and tier points on all 3 legs or just the AA legs?

Pretty sure only the AA flights will yield TP and Avios.

Lula 204 posts

Thanks @dougzz99. That’s what I’d assumed but thought worth checking

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.