Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Logging on to Virgin Shops Away

• PeterK 11 posts

I’m getting a consistent error message when I try to login to Virgin Shops Away. In order to raise a query you have to be logged on and no telephone numbers or email addresses are on offer for a query without login. Any suggestions how to contact VS shops away. I keep getting an error message ‘An external upstream service issued
    an invalid response’ when attempting to login. I can login to my flying club account without any issues. Help please.

memesweeper 1,251 posts

Ditto

Been like this a few days… 🙁

MrNick 8 posts

I’m having same issue. Shops Away website saying no user can be found with these credentials. Meanwhile I can access Flying Club site with no difficulty. I see similar issue with Shops Away being reported on other websites but issue only seems to affect some flying club members. Can’t contact Shops Away as the website requires you to log in to access the contact page! Has anyone found a solution to this?

Youllnever 182 posts

Managed to login now! Might be to do with their website redesign.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Still a problem for me… can logon fine to main VA site, but Shops Away says “No member could be found with the given credentials.”

Anyone found a way to report the problem and get a fix?

AndyGWP 276 posts

Just seen about the Morrisons offer… went to login to shops away to register my new credit card, and also getting same issue 🙁

Please post if anyone finds a route to resolution 🙂

FFoxSake 217 posts

Had a similar logon problem for a few weeks.

Yesterday I contacted virginatlantic via Direct Message on Twitter (https://twitter.com/messages) about this and about some credit card voucher expiry dates. Was amazed to get quick responses for my voucher questions. For the shopsaway logon problem they got me to upload a screenshot and said someone else would reply on the thread soon.

They didn’t reply (and still haven’t), but someone clearly got the message and fixed the problem because later that afternoon I was able to logon to shopsaway again.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AndyGWP 276 posts

All got sorted via Twitter same day (like you, it wasn’t confirmed by them but its working now)… thanks FFoxSake 🙂

chrishond 42 posts

Having the same error. Now it appears you cannot DM virgin on twitter. Any other tips to fix this?

Ash 621 posts

OMG how did I not know about this! I thought the virgin red was their only version of an estore! Thank you!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.