Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Can you still prebook your meal selection in Club World?

• memesweeper 1,244 posts

I’m sure it used to be the case that about one month before flying, until a day or two before, one could see the menu for an upcoming Club World flight in Manage My Booking, and pre-select a meal.

Looking today at a booking for 23 Dec I’m seeing

You can’t choose a meal this close to your flight time

for all the passengers on the booking except me (I’ve booked a special meal). What’s going on?

Benilyn 150 posts

They’ve stopped it (I don’t knew since when, some time during the pandemic). I believe it’s just one menu for all flights now, some best of British vibes. FT has the menu somewhere

Benilyn 150 posts

They’ve stopped it (I don’t knew since when, some time during the pandemic). I believe it’s just one menu for all flights now, some best of British vibes. FT has the menu somewhere

FatherOfFour 276 posts

Rumours on FT about Club dining improving from January. The two big areas observed seem to be:

Everything on one tray – i.e. currently no choice of starter/dessert
    Inability to pre-order main (as per memesweeper’s post)

If you could choose only 1 of these to be returned to normal, which would you choose?!

memesweeper 1,244 posts

If you could choose only 1 of these to be returned to normal, which would you choose?!

Pre-order please. I’ve only got a special ordered just in case…

Aston100 1,383 posts

Anyone know if the standard menu vegetarian meal tends to run out early?
    My travel partner is currently meat free, but is reluctant to book a special vegetarian meal as unsure what it might be.
    We don’t have status and no idea how far from the galley we’ll be seated so am considering ordering the special meal regardless, just to be sure.

FatherOfFour 276 posts

My travel partner is currently meat free, but is reluctant to book a special vegetarian meal as unsure what it might be.
    We don’t have status and no idea how far from the galley we’ll be seated so am considering ordering the special meal regardless, just to be sure.

Last time I flew, Club Europe, the veggie had run out before it reached our row. I had ordered specials for myself and my wife.

And I agree wit you memesweeper- I’d choose the ability to pre-order a main, versus separate tray/choice of starters onboard.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,244 posts

Thanks for the info all. Me and the little sweepers are all set to ‘veggie’ despite not being veggie to avoid surprises!

Ladyshopper 110 posts

I started ordering the vegetarian indian meal after reading a tip on FT. Always found it much nicer than the standard veggie option.

I now have the complication of being gluten free. I can either order a vegetarian meal, which won’t be GF, or a GF which won’t be vegetarian (although hopefully I can make do with a GF roll and dessert). I will obviously be taking my own stuff with me, but whilst this is easy to do when leaving from home, it’s not so easy to do on the inbound trip.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.