Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Monese Gift Cards – 20% off September codes

• SteveJ 977 posts

It’s probably paid for via a combination of the following:

– there will be an assumed amount of vouchers purchase and not redeemed, meaning Monese are not paying face value
    – the rest comes out of their marketing budget as this increases interest in their product and is a tool to attract more users

andiron 66 posts

Probably combination of both.
    Monese doesn’t really have anything special to offer and these giftcards really increase the number of signups.
    They have some extra paid features useful to a few people, and the more sign ups the more people buy them – insurances, credit score builder etc.
    Also could be to increase their KPIs of amount spent, number of customers so they look more attractive to investors? Otherwise they would offer GC only to the new customers..

R2 15 posts

Monese 10% off gift cards with £50+ spend using discount codes (20% for classic accounts, £5.95 per month – worth it)

https://monese.com/gb/en/promotions/terms-conditions-blackfriday

Here’s my referral link for anyone wishing to join – https://www.mone.se/7vQs/918zyqrw

Rich_A 92 posts

Thanks. Managed to get a £50, but the others have sold out at the mo. Did you get this by email? I was expecting a Monese email or push notification today, but didn’t get anything.

mark2 126 posts

I upgraded to Classic before buying the cards, but still only got 10%.
    On the app there does not seem to be a way to report this. Cn anyone advise please?

andiron 66 posts

I upgraded to Classic before buying the cards, but still only got 10%.
    On the app there does not seem to be a way to report this. Cn anyone advise please?

There were different codes i.e. BLACKFRIDAY400 Gave 10% discount but BF400 gave 20%, for classic members on paid plan you were able to use both. Not clear at all. I’ve collected a 20% full set, but my email arrived about 17:30 when almost all were sold out, not clear at all, especially why would I want to stay on paid plan if it’s not guaranteed these cards will appear next month and I’ll be available in the 30 minutes window they’re up for sale!

MattB 259 posts

Personally find it better to set up a HUKD alert, basically instant compared to the Monese emails

mark2 126 posts

There were different codes i.e. BLACKFRIDAY400 Gave 10% discount but BF400 gave 20%, for classic members on paid plan you were able to use both.

Thanks, never assume anything.

Thanks also to MattB; I have now set up a HUKD alert.

mark2 126 posts

According to my account the gift card offer has been available on:

27 Sep 21; 19 Oct 21; 13 Nov 21; 25 Nov 21; 9 Dec 21; 29 Apr 22; 20 May 22; 16 Jun 22; 28 Jul 22; 28 Sep 22; 28 Oct 22; 25noV22

That is often and I am sure that I missed some at the time probably Aug 22.

Now that statement credit offers for Morrisons have dried up this is useful especially when getting 20% and perhaps 10% on another quota in return for £4.95 per month.

And I don’t understand why they are giving me money like this, but am very happy to accept it.

andiron 66 posts

There’s company called Complete Savings that offers 20% off giftcards for £15 a month + other huge cahsbacks 10%+ for eBay etc. But the GC have limit of £100 a month, so maybe that’s the model they’re aiming for. Right now it’s free money, you can upgrade status and downgrade 5 minutes later..

duke 41 posts

They are still coming and going. I got some yesterday. Didn’t get the email till yesterday

rio 25 posts

According to my account the gift card offer has been available on:

27 Sep 21; 19 Oct 21; 13 Nov 21; 25 Nov 21; 9 Dec 21; 29 Apr 22; 20 May 22; 16 Jun 22; 28 Jul 22; 28 Sep 22; 28 Oct 22; 25noV22

That is often and I am sure that I missed some at the time probably Aug 22.

Now that statement credit offers for Morrisons have dried up this is useful especially when getting 20% and perhaps 10% on another quota in return for £4.95 per month.

And I don’t understand why they are giving me money like this, but am very happy to accept it.

There was one on 6th Sep 2022 and nothing in August
    I guess they give us money to attract more customers while getting investments from venture capital and potential IPO.
    Don’t expect it to continue forever but take it while its available 😀

R2 15 posts

Monese December codes as below:

Paid account 20% off:
    £50 gift card for £40: code CHRISTMAS50
    £100 gift card for £80: code CHRISTMAS100
    £200 gift card for £160: code CHRISTMAS200
    £400 gift card for £320: code CHRISTMAS400

Free account 10% off:
    £50 gift card for £45: code XMAS50
    £100 gift card for £90: code XMAS100
    £200 gift card for £180: code XMAS200
    £400 gift card for £360: code XMAS400

duggie1982 261 posts

Yup

Bagged all 4 of the 20% off ones as still had the £5.95 paid membership from the black Friday deal. £5.95 to save 300 quid ain’t bad at all (Monese had 2 deals within the last 30 days for 20% off)

gtellez 162 posts

Great! Managed to get all of the 20% discount! Amazing that I signed up for the paid account last week, so worth it for £6!

PeteM 714 posts

Gosh, the 20% ones went fast this time!

Froggee 886 posts

Indeed. I got the 200/100/50 at 13:54. But no 400. I just paid for an annual membership so there will almost definitely be no more now.

Ash 621 posts

I’m new to Monese, what sign up strategy would folks familiar recommend?

Sign up for free monthly and upgrade to £5.95 pcm whenever i spot the voucher codes?

Which retailers are available for vouchers ?

Whats a HUKD alert?

Thanks in advance.

Aston100 1,385 posts

Yup

Bagged all 4 of the 20% off ones as still had the £5.95 paid membership from the black Friday deal. £5.95 to save 300 quid ain’t bad at all (Monese had 2 deals within the last 30 days for 20% off)

Given that a free account would let you save £150, I would argue that you paid £5.95 to save (an additional) £150 – which is still good of course.

R2 15 posts

I’m new to Monese, what sign up strategy would folks familiar recommend?

Sign up for free monthly and upgrade to £5.95 pcm whenever i spot the voucher codes?

Which retailers are available for vouchers ?

Whats a HUKD alert?

Thanks in advance.

@ Ash

Apply for a paid account which opens up bigger discounts for the promotional gift cards (Feel free to use my referral link). If you apply for a free account, then upgrade when there are new codes > you run the risk of the codes running out.

Retailers are at the bottom of this link.

HUKD = Hot Uk Deals alert

Mr. AC 46 posts

Monese December codes as below:

How did you get them so quickly? I got the e-mail from Monese 9 minutes ago, but the bonus deal (CHRISTMAS…) codes are all sold out. Did you get an e-mail earlier or there’s a way to monitor for these?

Rich_A 92 posts

This is an excellent way for Monese to piss people off. I got the email at 1742, tried the code at 1748, and obviously sold out.

I wonder how many, like me, feel conned into spending £6. Enough to make a serious contribution towards funding the small number of codes?

Carlos 758 posts

They also conned alot of people into having 90 validity on the gift cards, another trick to fund the small pot of gc’s

andiron 66 posts

The emails are sent at random, some got it at 13:30 some 4 hours later..
    But the expiry date is now 1 year, converting it to Amazon credit extends it to 10 years.

Main issue is there is only 400 codes of 20% each, and if we all buy 400, 200, 100 and 50, only 400 people get lucky here.

R2 15 posts

FYI. The 10% off codes are still working.

Free account 10% off:
    £50 gift card for £45: code XMAS50
    £100 gift card for £90: code XMAS100
    £200 gift card for £180: code XMAS200
    £400 gift card for £360: code XMAS400

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.