Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Morrisons cashback

• Harrods 120 posts

The current Amex Morrisons offer has been extended through to July 27th.

10% offered appeared 1/2 weeks ago and the deadline was extended but only to June 15th for me. This is on a card I’ve never used for 10% Morrisons.

Other amex cards are showing 5% back, I used the 10% offer extensively on those card last couple months

marshy11 247 posts

Unpopular opinion: I love that people moan about the offers not triggering when there is clearly an abuse of the terms and conditions stipulated by AMEX.

Where did I abuse the T&C?

Tom2 113 posts

Unpopular opinion: I love that people moan about the offers not triggering when there is clearly an abuse of the terms and conditions stipulated by AMEX.

I can’t tell you what you bought but most people have bought gift cards which are clearly excluded from the cashback. It is just that Amex (and any other cashback scheme) has no way of telling either.

Rui N. 831 posts

Considering all the cards and current accounts where Morrisons’ offers cashback, clearly they are not worried about any abuse of these offers.

Harrods 120 posts

Would anyone be able to share the current highest Morrison’s cashback offer stack that they have?

Don’t have it right now but my best was Airtime Rewards 10% + Barclaycard cashback rewards (via Hilton card) 10% a few months ago

Currently have Amex 10% on two cards

PAW + Natwest 20%

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Harrods 120 posts

Take a day off lol… some people honestly

JDB 4,390 posts

Take a day off lol… some people honestly

Yes, isn’t it awful that most people have some integrity.

Rui N. 831 posts

If people read the terms while they are on their high horses, they would read the following:
    “Purchases of the following products are excluded from this offer: Tobacco, The National Lottery Games, Instant tickets & Scratch cards, Fireworks, Postage Stamps & Savers Stamps, Photo Printing and Mobile Phone Cards, E Top up Vouchers”

Reney 770 posts

I hope not! 10% off at the petrol station is a key use for me!

No problems at the petrol station for me this morning

No problems at petrol station and gift card purchase for me last night (Tuesday). For me petrol station is just a luck game on whether the cashier knows how to do it!

Carlos 758 posts

I hope not! 10% off at the petrol station is a key use for me!

No problems at the petrol station for me this morning

No problems at petrol station and gift card purchase for me last night (Tuesday). For me petrol station is just a luck game on whether the cashier knows how to do it!

go electric, save more than 10% every time

Rui N. 831 posts

Really relevant for this thread.

alexb 37 posts

giftcards working again for me today at petrol station wednesday

polly 293 posts

Re M petrol stations, the offer didn’t trigger for me there at all. Had a couple of calls with Amex about not being that clearly defined in t and c. However they gave me a few k MRs to compensate.
    So l will only use the M GCs to actually buy their petrol now. Certainly worked on daughters car this week. It may be the tills, or the personal. GCs are meant to work in their petrol stations. Manager reassured me.they even accepted the clothing GCs in there.

BJ 657 posts

@Polly, offer never worked directly at petrol stations AFAIK, always had to use GC. Good result getting the MR 🙂

marshy11 247 posts

I can’t tell you what you bought but most people have bought gift cards which are clearly excluded from the cashback. It is just that Amex (and any other cashback scheme) has no way of telling either.

Well at least we cleared that up. Even if your changed your stance from ‘people’ to ‘most people’. I guess the devil is in the detail.

Rui N. 831 posts

In this case the devil is in the fact the he’s totally wrong and gift cards are in no way excluded from the offer.

Tom2 113 posts

In this case the devil is in the fact the he’s totally wrong and gift cards are in no way excluded from the offer.

They have been excluded from all previous Morrisons offers. They still are specifically excluded from Virgin Shops Away and Barclaycard Rewards “Rewards will not be earned on transactions for Cash Back, Tobacco, Fireworks, Saver Stamps, Postage Stamps, Gift Vouchers, Gift Cards, Infant formula/milk, Lottery Online Game, Instant Tickets, ‘Top-up’ Mobile Phone Cards, E Top-up, Photo Printing, Prescription Medicines or on transactions made within the Café, Dry Cleaning, Petrol Stations, Garden Centres and Pharmacy or outside of the UK.”

Rui N. 831 posts

This thread is not about any offers on Virgin or Barclays, it’s about offers on Amex. On Amex they are not excluded.
    But not exactly surprised that you decided to go off topic instead of apologising.

Tom2 113 posts

This thread is not about any offers on Virgin or Barclays, it’s about offers on Amex. On Amex they are not excluded.
    But not exactly surprised that you decided to go off topic instead of apologising.

Apologising for what? I wasn’t the poster who made the “unpopular opinion” post, I merely responded explaining why he was saying people were abusing the offer. Not sure why you are coming for me?

All previous Amex offers have excluded gift cards, it appears this time round it doesn’t so fill your boots.

cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

I live chatted on day 92 and the agent escalated my complaint and asked me
    to get back in touch for a 4th time in 10 days for an update.
    It’s only around £20 due so I cancelled the card, I’ve done pretty well with the Morrisons offer but if they don’t credit
    within 10 days then they never will and
    you’ll waste a lot of time chasing it up.

can 506 posts

One odd thing I experienced: the till lady said that the gift cards are cash only. I said no, and paid with Amex.
    Made me suspicious.

Harrods 120 posts

One odd thing I experienced: the till lady said that the gift cards are cash only. I said no, and paid with Amex.
    Made me suspicious.

It just a case of the till lady being uneducated (like most of them who assume you are up to something dodgy for buying gift cards) , gift cards have never been cash only.

can 506 posts

I shouldn’t have said that I was buying them for my granny

Made me suspicious.

It just a case of the till lady being uneducated (like most of them who assume you are up to something dodgy for buying gift cards) , gift cards have never been cash only.

Peter K 553 posts

I shouldn’t have said that I was buying them for my granny

Made me suspicious.

You should have used a self service till!

can 506 posts

I’m not sure self checkout works though. They need to be somewhat activated. Oh well…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.