Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Morrisons cashback

• CarpalTravel 363 posts

March 29th credited on the 6th (though didn’t appear until the 9th).

May 28th credited on the 6th (though didn’t appear until the 9th).

Either catching up or just processing in waves. I have stopped bothering as I will be cancelling the card now.

Justin 41 posts

I only just got credited some cash back a couple weeks ago from a Morrisons shop originally made in late February!

Strangely enough, I went shopping the next month and got that particular Morrisons cash back offer credited to my account within a week.

TM 22 posts

@iDrive

The exact same thing happened to me – ask Amazon to provide a written statement by email that the gift card is invalid and to return to store for refund or replacement. I also got nowhere for months but when I presented this statement I got refunded immediately.

PeteM 709 posts

So in good news, my most recent Morrisons cashback came through about 4 days after the shop.

In less good news I had a nightmare today buying some more gift cards at the Camden store. Even with some weight on the self-checkout scale, these now seem to refuse to recognise a gift card being on there. SACAT assistant refuses to override. Sends me to a regular till. Cashier says she can only sell me two, in cash. Supervisor comes and confirms this. We have a friendly yet forceful discussion about how silly this is. I offer to show my card and ID to prove I didn’t steal the credit card. She goes and checks with management. She comes back, asks to see card and ID. Allows the cashier to sell me my £550 of gift cards. Not sure it’s worth it for the 10% anymore…

WillPS 194 posts

a friendly yet forceful discussion about how silly this is. I offer to show my card and ID to prove I didn’t steal the credit card. She goes and checks with management. She comes back, asks to see card and ID. Allows the cashier to sell me my £550 of gift cards. Not sure it’s worth it for the 10% anymore…

Complain.

Stores making up policies on the hoof.

Zana 28 posts

Can also confirm difficulties at the Camden store with cashier stating that the store does not take Amex! I didn’t want to use another card (as I wouldn’t get the cash back), so I walked out, effectively making it a wasted trip. Now I always go to the Acton store instead.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.