Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Morrisons cashback

• craiguk58 12 posts

I’m still waiting for around £100 cash back from the Morrisons offer. Is anyone else? Amex just quote the usual 90 days T&C’s but I’m not confident

hugog 41 posts

Mine did appear after a while. I am a bit concerned about one I have just done because it is saying it was done in a cafe when it wasn’t

Andrew J 769 posts

Amex offers are so hit and miss – others have said the IHG one is slow – mine posted within a couple of days – but a Harvey Nics one is taking weeks. I usually wait a couple of weeks then call them and they resolve in a few days, or just wait it out – generally I’ve not heard any reports of offers not paying out at all. Unfortunately the good old days of 99% of offers paying out in a couple of days are behind us (for whatever reason).

Blindman67 135 posts

Mine are trickling through now after about 1 month of spending.

If you’re near to cancelling a card I would not rely on getting cashback quickly.

Seems to be the long game now.

ANNE 27 posts

It took about 2 weeks for cash back from the Curry’s offer recently.

I was in the situation of wanting to cancel the card and when the credit didn’t land after 5 days I was kicking myself for not thinking it through, having had a few longer waits recently.

So very pleased when it did arrive fairly quickly but as mentioned above the days of everything posting in a few days, not to mention almost instant supp card bonuses, are definitely long gone.

Tubbs 38 posts

Mine are trickling through now after about 1 month of spending.

If you’re near to cancelling a card I would not rely on getting cashback quickly.

Seems to be the long game now.

Yes, that’s my experience with Morrisons.

Charles Martel 124 posts

Can anyone confirm you still get the Amex cashback if you cancel the card? The BA and hotel offers have been pretty lucrative but I have far too many cards.

can 506 posts

Same here. Waiting for a lot of morrisons cashback. They come slow in a random order. Some are older than two months already.

and yes, you receive the cashbacks even after you cancel the card. they send a letter.

tw33ty 187 posts

The time taken for Morrisons is strange, I’ve got some nearly six weeks still not came through, but did get the emails to say used.

Where as, I used freenow and LNER on Monday this week, and the freenow transaction was credited on the Thursday and LNER transaction yesterday.

John 1,000 posts

LNER from early April credited in 2 days but LNER from last week still hasn’t

Morrisons from March hasn’t credited but my Morrisons offer from Curve last week tracked in 2 days (while Morrisons Curve offer in December took 1 month to track – unlike amex they track as pending then take a further month to pay out).

Gavin454 159 posts

My last Morrisons cashbacks took about 1 month.

Had a better deal with Barclaycard 10% stacked with Airtimerewards 10% recently, all tracked fine although they take a long time to release from pending.

ryaneberry 50 posts

I think I’m waiting on around £800 in cashback, standard “wait 90 days” response. One posted within a month but a couple are close to 2 months now

MattB 261 posts

Just had a “you have used your Morrisons offer” email from a purchase a few days ago, Genuinely don’t recall getting one of those for any Amex offer purchase for a long time.

GaryE 45 posts

Currently have 2 Currys cashback outstanding – both over 4 weeks old, and one Morrisons which is 6 weeks old.

Beginning to give up with Amex on the delay to cashback, when the offer exists on other cards.

Have Virign Credit Card which had both these offers on, and have used this card as a comparison, and they have stated that the cashback will be paid within 35 days, and have actually stated the dates when the money will be back in my account. Just need to see if they deliver!

Spoke to Amex, and they say they only payout when the merchant notifies them of the purchase. I argued that surely the transaction appearing in my Amex account was notification and they answered that the transaction was valid and the payment would be made within the 90 days.

Harrier25 852 posts

Virgin do deliver very satisfactory…unlike Amex!

davefl 1,223 posts

Virgin do deliver very satisfactory…unlike Amex!

Disagree. Been waiting 6 weeks for LNER on virgin cc, the app is utterly broken so can’t submit a missing cashback claim. Been told the only way to log the issue is by phone so not really worth being on hold for hours to claim 8 quid.

Dreadful customer service.

Gavin454 159 posts

Spoke to Amex, and they say they only payout when the merchant notifies them of the purchase. I argued that surely the transaction appearing in my Amex account was notification and they answered that the transaction was valid and the payment would be made within the 90 days.

If you’re persistent, they are able to add the cashback manually. A few months ago I had some outstanding cashback and requested it was added because I wanted to cancel my card. They initially stuck to telling me the 90 days term. I asked them to open a complaint, and the agent was suddenly able to add my cashback manually which appeared on my statement within a couple of days.

Harrier25 852 posts

Been told the only way to log the issue is by phone so not really worth being on hold for hours to claim 8 quid [/quote]

Not true. You can request a missing ca@hback transaction via the app. No need to call.

davefl 1,223 posts

Been told the only way to log the issue is by phone so not really worth being on hold for hours to claim 8 quid

Not true. You can request a missing ca@hback transaction via the app. No need to call.[/quote]

No you can’t, that’s the issue. When you try to select the merchant all I get is blank, no list. It’s been happeing since last year and they can’t/won’t fix it. Reported it to the dev in the Google Play store and all I get back is “call customer services”

Harrier25 852 posts

Yes you can. Choose the More option from the bottom menu, then Cashback. Now choose the menu option on top left (3 lines), go to Your Activity, scrool down to bottom and hit the Contact Us button under ‘I’m missing cashback, what should I do?’

Be patient though because it does take around 3 weeks for them to reply via email.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Harrier25 852 posts

Yes you can. Choose the More option from the bottom menu, then Cashback. Now choose the menu option on top left (3 lines), go to Your Activity, scrool down to bottom and hit the Contact Us button under ‘I’m missing cashback, what should I do?’

Be patient though because it does take around 3 weeks for them to reply via email.

Sorry, just realised that you’ve been here. I agree that the retailers don’t show in the dropdown menu at first, but if you go back to the previous my activity screen a few times and back to contact us, it does work in the end.

Harrods 120 posts

Spend – Credit date
    14/2 – 19/2
    18/2 – 9/3
    25/2 – 3/4
    5/3 – ?
    5/3 – 23/3
    6/3 – 2/4
    8/3 – 15/3
    8/3 – 28/3
    13/3 – 3/4
    23/3 – ?
    30/3 – 22/4
    8/4 – ?
    16/4 – ?

No consistent pattern….

tw33ty 187 posts

Just seen an ihg £50 back on £200 track on two cards over the weekend.
    One card had the payment put through on Thursday, the other card on Friday.

It’s so strange that the credits to account on some happen with 2/3 days, but Morrisons takes sooooooooooo long

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

I wonder if its linked to Amex having the cash? Perhaps it askes the merchant to pay, say, £10,000 up front and that is used to settle the first batch. If/when the money runs out it invoices the merchant for more and claims aren’t settled until it pays?

Rui N. 831 posts

Had a delivery of Morrisons on Saturday, cashback was on my account today.
    Meanwhile, still waiting for the cashback on an English Cheesecake Company order a few weeks ago.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.