Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards New IHG Chase credit cards?

• PeteM 709 posts

A friend got sent a survey from IHG earlier, which includes questions on these potential credit cards with Chase:

IHG-Chase-credit-cards

Have others seen these / heard more? Sadly the survey failed before it would show any more…!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Tracy 315 posts

Lol, just came on to say I’ve just had this survey email. Couldn’t finish the survey though, some error or other half way through…..very interesting though.

SteveJ 979 posts

Lol, just came on to say I’ve just had this survey email. Couldn’t finish the survey though, some error or other half way through…..very interesting though.

+1, they got a load of interesting answers out of me then the survey crashed before they got my email address for the £5 voucher offered. How convenient!

Lula 204 posts

Yes exact same thing happened to me.

PeteM 709 posts

Imagine the plans must be fairly advanced if they are pushing surveys out! The difference in customer service between Creation and Chase UK will be something to behold 🤭

meta 1,441 posts

Already discussed on the chat thread.

SteveJ 979 posts

Probably better as it’s own thread.

Interesting that the seemingly free card offers a free night voucher too, the previous free card did not. Fee free FX would also be a good differentiator for the paid version.

PeteM 709 posts

I think @chrism20 gets the biggest cookie for posting first, but @meta also gets a cookie for the first more thorough summary 🙂

meta 1,441 posts

I’m trying to upload a few screenshots of the options I took before the survey crashed, but it’s not passing through

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Probably better as it’s own thread.

Interesting that the seemingly free card offers a free night voucher too, the previous free card did not. Fee free FX would also be a good differentiator for the paid version.

It’s not free. The lowest annual fee was £99.

Harrier25 852 posts

I hope one of the options will be to retain Diamond tier and free breakfast in 2023!

SteveJ 979 posts

It’s not free. The lowest annual fee was £99.

For this proposed new card? Didn’t see any mention of fees, but then the survey did crash for me.

For the previous Creation version there certainly was a fee free version.

meta 1,441 posts

From what I’ve seen only Silver and Platinum will be offered, but there is a possibility to earn F&B credit through spend.

meta 1,441 posts

The annual fee range is between £99 and £149, at least on the two screens I saw.

PeteM 709 posts

The annual fee range is between £99 and £149, at least on the two screens I saw.

The screenshot I posted has a banner over the left card saying “$0 annual fee”. But assume that is the US card and may not be replicated here.

strickers 651 posts

Perfect for us if it has two free nights, currently paying 2 x £99 and have a target of 2 x £10k. That alone would be enough, but fee free overseas too!

rams 223 posts

Survey received here and also crashed. Would definitely apply for one if it becomes available

meta 1,441 posts

Let’s try posting screenshots again one by one.

https://ibb.co/ZgrJLzD

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,441 posts
    meta 1,441 posts
    meta 1,441 posts

Sorry everyone! I have two more, but won’t post them as they take up too much space on the screen.

meta 1,441 posts

The screenshot I posted has a banner over the left card saying “$0 annual fee”. But assume that is the US card and may not be replicated here.

And now I looked at it more closely, there are a few options with no fee too!

tw33ty 187 posts

Sounds interesting, but I remember getting the same sort of thing emailed from creation about a premium card that was to sit above the black card and that never happened.

As much as I’d like this and be interested in it, I won’t get my hopes up.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

I think those are images from the US cards which IHG has simply used to make it clear that these won’t be Creation products. I’d be shocked if Chase decided to enter the UK market with such a niche product.

Also worth noting some weird typos in this email (they incorrectly write IHG stands for at one point) so this is not directly from IHG but from someone doing something on their behalf.

Youllnever 182 posts

One thing I don’t understand is why fx-fee free reward cards are so hard to provide. Aren’t the interchange fees a lot higher for these transactions or am I missing something?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.