Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards New IHG Chase credit cards?

• strickers 657 posts

I think those are images from the US cards which IHG has simply used to make it clear that these won’t be Creation products. I’d be shocked if Chase decided to enter the UK market with such a niche product.

Also worth noting some weird typos in this email (they incorrectly write IHG stands for at one point) so this is not directly from IHG but from someone doing something on their behalf.

Sorry Rob, what images are the US cards? The credit card images? Because the rest is clearly aimed at the UK market and I’m sure if IHG were using Chase imaging without approval then there would be some serious corporate implications?

JDB 4,339 posts

I think those are images from the US cards which IHG has simply used to make it clear that these won’t be Creation products. I’d be shocked if Chase decided to enter the UK market with such a niche product.

Also worth noting some weird typos in this email (they incorrectly write IHG stands for at one point) so this is not directly from IHG but from someone doing something on their behalf.

Sorry Rob, what images are the US cards? The credit card images? Because the rest is clearly aimed at the UK market and I’m sure if IHG were using Chase imaging without approval then there would be some serious corporate implications?

The market research is being carried out by Taylor Nelson Sofres/Kantar TNS. There is no particular indication as to whether this research was conducted by Chase, IHG or as a joint effort.

strickers 657 posts

The market research is being carried out by Taylor Nelson Sofres/Kantar TNS. There is no particular indication as to whether this research was conducted by Chase, IHG or as a joint effort.

So where did they get my email address, my status and my IHG rewards number from?

davefl 1,218 posts

Since the invitation came directly from IHG ONe Rewards, and all the links are hosted on the IHG.COM domain I would think that IHG have quite a lot to do with it.

Rui N. 827 posts

Yeah, if IHG and Chase have nothing to do with this company has a lot to answer for.

Billybob 3 posts

May or may not be connected, but was playing around on the ihg app today to book using a creation free night voucher and when I clicked through to reserve under summary of charges and total charges it states ‘Chase Anniversary Night’. Felt like an odd coincidence.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,084 posts

May or may not be connected, but was playing around on the ihg app today to book using a creation free night voucher and when I clicked through to reserve under summary of charges and total charges it states ‘Chase Anniversary Night’. Felt like an odd coincidence.

No that’s been around for a while. That’s the US terminology. Some Creation vouchers that were extended in their validity got redeposited as Chase anniversary nights.

Super Secret Stuff 365 posts

This is interesting reading, thanks everyone!

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

Has anyone actually received the £5 Amazon voucher for completing the survey? The number of 404 error messages being reported, usually just as someone has completed all the questions, makes me a bit suspicious !

meta 1,425 posts

Well, we didn’t complete all. We received messages before completing all the questions. It errors when you try and go to examples/details of credit card offers. I managed to see 2 out of 10 screens of that part before I got 404.

davefl 1,218 posts

Has anyone actually received the £5 Amazon voucher for completing the survey? The number of 404 error messages being reported, usually just as someone has completed all the questions, makes me a bit suspicious !

Nobody has completed it. By the way the questions are structured and having done a few of these before I reckon there’s probably 10-20 screens to go with various combinations of card options asking do you prefer a or b.

If you read the email it does say “Please allow up to six (6) weeks to receive your reward following submission of a completed Survey”

Sam 96 posts

I managed to complete it yesterday after failures previously. Try again

Scottpat78 243 posts

I’ve just successfully completed the survey also – would be great to see a dedicated hotels CC back in the UK for new applicants.

davefl 1,218 posts

Wasn’t working yesterday, now I get through to the end and it says click submit to finish but no Submit button.

Refresh the page and get

Thank you for taking the time to visit our survey.
    Due to an overwhelming response, we exceeded our expected goals sooner than anticipated.
    We apologize for any inconvenience, and look forward to your future participation.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us with the topic of the survey you were attempting to access.

So a complete fail

EwanG 111 posts

Heads up that the £5 Amazon credit for completing the survey is now being sent out.

A word of warning – it could easily be overlooked/deleted as spam.

Sender name is: Order Confirmation
    Subject is: Your E-Certificate From Perks

Heads up that the £5 Amazon credit for completing the survey is now being sent out.

A word of warning – it could easily be overlooked/deleted as spam.

Sender name is: Order Confirmation
    Subject is: Your E-Certificate From Perks

Yes – got mine this afternoon too and thought it was a phishing attempt initially!

SteveJ 977 posts

Only for those who revisited and completed the survey I guess? Or anyone who had the survey crash also got it?

can 506 posts

Potential of Chase and IHG excites me acrually

EwanG 111 posts

Only for those who revisited and completed the survey I guess? Or anyone who had the survey crash also got it?

You could only opt in to receiving the voucher if you completed the survey and entered your email address, so nothing for you if you partially did it early but couldn’t complete it as it wasn’t configured correctly and didn’t try again when fixed!!

davefl 1,218 posts

You could only opt in to receiving the voucher if you completed the survey and entered your email address, so nothing for you if you partially did it early but couldn’t complete it as it wasn’t configured correctly and didn’t try again when fixed!!

Or you tried again, completed the survey, then got no submit button… and then got told the survey was finished.

Or you tried again, completed the survey, then got no submit button… and then got told the survey was finished.[/quote]

@DaveFL
    that is what happened to me (see my earlier post) but I then DID subsequently receive the voucher, so there is still hope!

dahokolomoki 103 posts

I take the mention of Chase seriously. They are trying to crack the UK market. In the USA, they have many travel branded cards, and I think like a huge amount of travel spend in the US goes theough Chase?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.