Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Paris recommendations

• cska 55 posts

Travelling to Paris in a couple of weeks with my SO and as I haven’t been for absolutely yonks, just wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share some gems for activities/areas to visit that I could have perhaps overlooked by simply going through the run of the mill Paris tourist Hitlist.

Bar and restaurant recommendations also welcome! Midscale budget as I don’t want to be completely skint at the end of my weekend away!

sloth 315 posts

Restaurant in Momtparnasse Tower, Ciel De Paris for breakfast, cracking views from the only skyscraper in central Paris, as you eat your croissants!

Viewing terrace from the top of La Galerie Lafayette. Go up there in the day and the evening

Personally I like the Marais, 16th Arr, Montmartre and Latin Quarters

Central Paris is very walkable so try and limit your journeys on the metro as you see much more walking around

Plenty more but hopefully that will start you off

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

The open market about 10mins on foot north of the Gare du Lyon is great. While you’re in the area, head to my favourite spot, Le Baron Rouge. Fab place that’s standing only, does 3 options for food (plate of cheese, plate of charcuterie or a plate of oysters) and about 200+ wines by the glass, it’s a real gem.

There’s also an excellent cocktail bar near Pigalle called Lulu Whites and some interesting cafes etc.. nearby in Abbesses.

Michael C 668 posts

Bouillon Chartier (Grands Boulevards) is not fine dining but amazing value to try some French classics before going to Galeries Lafayette, as mentioned above (also go to the stunning perfume department on the ground floor).

Richie 992 posts

Visit Hotel de la Marine.

squawk7700 83 posts

Hope you don’t mind me hijacking this thread…

…also visiting Paris shortly and looking for a restaurant recommendation that appears in the Amex Platinum dining credit offer?

We’d rather nothing too pretentious/Michelin star – just solid homely French cuisine.

ben1 21 posts

We ate recently at Daroco in Paris which was on the Amex list. Italian food. As two who only wat vegetarian food, it Was delicious and plenty of options. Had 3 courses plus 2 alcoholic drinks each came to €150.

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Walk along the canal St Martin, the Promenade Plantee (the world’s first elevated park walkway, on an old railway line). Check the shops ion the arches below – umbrellas at 2,500 euros!

Eating, I like Le Capucine, on Blvd de Capucines- right opposite the road into the Hotel Indigo Opera (my favoutie) and just round the corner from the Kimpton and the IC Le Grand. With its first floor gallery it is like the restraurants from the days of Toulouse Lautrec etc! And the half bottle of house burgundy are delish!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.