Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Platinum Harvey Nics £50 Credit – Can you buy a gift card?

• mhuk01 39 posts

I know this is probably in the terms that it doesn’t count, but has anyone had success purchasing a £50 Harley Nics Gift Card instore and having it credited by Amex with their Platinum offer? Thanks

AndyGWP 276 posts

Yeah – I managed this no problems

Andrew J 769 posts

Yes, in store and online fine.

GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

Wait so I can buy one gift card now and one in January and stack them?

polly 289 posts

@Andrew
    Really, online possible. That’s brilliant. Have you actually done this online and got the credit? Saves me a trip into town in December. Tnx for the update.

Andrew J 769 posts

@Andrew
    Really, online possible. That’s brilliant. Have you actually done this online and got the credit? Saves me a trip into town in December. Tnx for the update.

Yes, HN sell the gift cards themselves from their own website so works no problem. Usually tracks with BA e store too.

Aston100 1,388 posts

Surprised.
    T&Cs specifically exclude gift cards.

OldComber 31 posts

I’ve done it in store. Worked fine.
    Worth noting that the gift card expires after 24 months. However, when you go back once you’re in your next 6-month period, and top up your existing gift card, it’ll reset the 24 months.

From the T&C’s

Harvey Nichols Gift Cards will expire 24 months from the date of activation which will be the date of purchase in store or upon dispatch for online. The 24 month activation period will automatically renew when the Gift Card is topped up. Partial redemption of the card does not extend the expiry of the card and any remaining balance.

polly 289 posts

Thank you, very useful info

RonnieB 288 posts

How long is the Harvey Nics credit taking to go into your Amex account?
    In the first six months it was taking ages

AndyGWP 276 posts

How long is the Harvey Nics credit taking to go into your Amex account?
    In the first six months it was taking ages

did it a couple of weeks ago… took less than a week for it to appear 👍🏻

Aston100 1,388 posts

@Andrew

Yes, HN sell the gift cards themselves from their own website so works no problem. Usually tracks with BA e store too.

As I’m going to struggle to get to a HN store, I might give the online giftcard purchase a go.
    Are you certain the statement credit will come?

Thanks.

GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

My experience:
    I posted on this forum 26th of November.
    Bought a £50 HN gift card through BA Store the next day.
    Got the avios for it next day, receieved my card in the mail yesterday.
    £50 credit showed up a couple hours ago (Plat owner for <6 months).

Hope this helps

mynameisjonny 46 posts

Do they sell an e-gift card? It’s £5 for postage on a £50 gift card and it’s only usable instore it seems?

Andrew J 769 posts

Do they sell an e-gift card? It’s £5 for postage on a £50 gift card and it’s only usable instore it seems?

No e-gift cards, only physical ones, only redeemable in store.

G 32 posts

Somethings gone wrong with my credit I think.

Purchased chocolates on 24th November which processed the next day. Still haven’t got the credit. Terms say up to 150 days for the credit. Im now weary of doing the dining offer and will probably cancel the card before I get the £50, as there is no point waiting for it.

George K 292 posts

Spent £50 last month – still no sign of the credit. Don’t mind waiting, but I always get nervous when these things don’t trigger immediately…

Andrew J 769 posts

I’m waiting on a Harrods credit from 2 weeks ago, even though I got the email straight after. The offers have been paying out much better over the last few months so it’s a shame things have slipped back again. I also noticed that the standard wording has changed from “within 5 business days” to “within 30 days”, with the further warning of up to 150 days.

rum 275 posts

I’m waiting on a Harrods credit from 2 weeks ago, even though I got the email straight after. The offers have been paying out much better over the last few months so it’s a shame things have slipped back again. I also noticed that the standard wording has changed from “within 5 business days” to “within 30 days”, with the further warning of up to 150 days.

My experience too. So far so good with offers crediting really quickly but I’m sadly now also waiting on the Harrods offer to credit (from about 2 weeks ago now) and a few more recent Shop Small purchases. At least I know now it’s not just me

Andrew J 769 posts

My experience too. So far so good with offers crediting really quickly but I’m sadly now also waiting on the Harrods offer to credit (from about 2 weeks ago now) and a few more recent Shop Small purchases. At least I know now it’s not just me

That’s interesting, and likewise good to know that it’s not just me experiencing that with the Harrods offer.

ee 48 posts

I’m also seeing delays appearing again but only for some offers. Did the dining credit at the Ivy last Sunday and no credit yet. And ditto with HN last Monday.

On the other hand, Shop Small for the same dates have credited as has the LNER offer.

chrishond 42 posts

I will struggle to get to Harvey Nichols before the end of this year.

Seems I can buy a gift card online and get the statement credit. Anyway tips to avoid the £5 delivery fee?

GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

My experience:
    I posted on this forum 26th of November.
    Bought a £50 HN gift card through BA Store the next day.
    Got the avios for it next day, receieved my card in the mail yesterday.
    £50 credit showed up a couple hours ago (Plat owner for <6 months).

Hope this helps

Just an update on this. Received the avios the next day; got clawed back today HA!
    I knew it was too good to be true

byt411 16 posts

@GimmeMorePoints did you get to keep the credit though?

ee 48 posts

I’m also seeing delays appearing again but only for some offers. Did the dining credit at the Ivy last Sunday and no credit yet. And ditto with HN last Monday.

On the other hand, Shop Small for the same dates have credited as has the LNER offer.

To circle back, my Ivy and HN credits have now posted – just under two weeks after the transactions.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.