Player 1 with ba blue, player 2 with nothing for 2 years
27th March 2022 at 18:17idontfly 42 posts
Rob has done some great articles on the rules for maximising points for two players starting from scratch. How about for one player out of the game for 2 years and one with a ba blue.
I am thinking:
Player 2 gets Nectar Amex card.
Player 1 recommends player 2 for BA black.
or is the cheaper option better:
Player 2 geta amex nectar
player 2 gets amex gold.
Are there any other decent combos?
Or should player 1 get finish up with amex and wait two years during that time just using the barclaycard avios option?
Many Thanks for your thoughts27th March 2022 at 19:11TGLoyalty 380 posts
Keeping Nectar makes more sense than BA as they’ll be eligible for the BAPP themselves.
You would also refer the new player to a nectar then BAPP/Platinum not to a BAPP straight away
Worth reading Robs articles again carefully.27th March 2022 at 19:46alig4th 322 posts
Assuming player 1 has not had an MR card in 2 years;
Get someone to give player 1 a Plat referral. Hit the sign up threshold. In the meantime, cancel BA Blue to reset BAPP clock.
P1 refers P2 from Plat to Nectar/Marriott card. Hit threshold. Cancel card.
P1 refers P2 to BAPP (cheaper than Plat). Hit threshold.
P1 refers P2 to Plat. Hit the threshold. Cancel card.
While P2 has Plat, refer P1 for Nectar. Won’t get sign-up bonus, but gets P2 referral bonus). P1 cancels Plat (resets MR earning clock)
Put rest of year spend through P2’s BAPP to hit 2-4-1.
27th March 2022 at 20:00idontfly 42 posts
- This reply was modified 54 years, 2 months ago by .
Thank you very much for your input, will review!27th March 2022 at 23:03alig4th 322 posts
Thank you very much for your input, will review!
Also, once P2 holds Plat, P1 could also refer them for Gold and/or MR “basic” (or whatever it’s called). P2 won’t get any sign up bonuses, but P1 racks up referral points.
And don’t forget about adding Supplemental cards, some cards have bonuses for that (but don’t add one during the application process, do it once your card has arrived and is registered…)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- BBbetter on Chat thread – Wednesday 21st February
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare Promotion
- Ihar on Nationwide travel insurance changing
- Aston100 on Tokyo > Manchester cancelled
- RoundTheWorld on Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare Promotion
- phantomchickenz on Hilton St George’s Park April cheap rates
- Lyn on Using AA lounge on US domestic flight
- davefl on Anyone else having issues with Avios eStore?
- Londonsteve on Beware auto-Economist Renewal / 50% off
- memesweeper on Business Platinum – supplementary Gold card benefits?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.