Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Redeem for Qantas Flights : Which FF programmes to check?

• dahokolomoki 103 posts

I’m looking for a specific Qantas flight redemption.
    Don’t have Qantas points. I know I can transfer from Amex but…

Is there an easy way to check all the other airlines schemes, that allow you to book Qantas redemptions?
    And also know which ones have availability to check online, vs the ones you have to call?

Seats.aero was good in flagging up American Airlines as being able to see Qantas redemptions, but it doesn’t cover all airlines… so looking for some wisdom of the crowd here!

Lyn 188 posts

BA and Alaska Airlines also come to mind in addition to American Airlines, in terms of redemptions we have personally made for Qantas flights. All bookable on-line. The number of avios / points / miles required varies, as does availability of flights. Qantas also sometimes reserves award availability for their own frequent flyer members. I imagine most OneWorld frequent frequenr flyer programmes would work, although possibly not always available online. Is this for a domestic or international Qantas flight?

John 1,000 posts

In my experience everything available via BA has also been available on AA, CX and QF itself, but QF often has additional availability

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Lyn – looking for a domestic flight.

I see Qantas on its own website has now some sort of “premium dynamic pricing” – quoting 100k miles for a one way to New Zealand for example, on some dates!

John – good insight that availability should be quite uniform across the OneWorld partners.

Lyn 188 posts

You can avoid being shown the dynamic prices on the Qantas web-site by ticking the “award flights” box or something similar, in which case it will default to only show the flights with the more reasonably priced Qantas standard “classic” awards.

As John says, Qantas do sometimes show extra availabilty for their own frequent flyers, especially those with higher status. Also some programmes don’t show flights quite as far out as others.

The number of, and value of, the points / avios / miles required can vary between FF programmes, so it is alway worth checking. Qantas domestic business class awards are sometimes good value using BA avios as long as connections aren’t involved. Alaska miles can be useful for a free domestic Australian stop-over on 1 way awards.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.