Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Ibblybibbly 31 posts

Thinking ahead….If I have flights booked beyond my Card Expiry Date, i.e. after I have dropped to silver from Gold, can I still book Row 1 as long as I reserve them whilst I am still Gold ? Or will the BA tech work out that I will be silver by then and remove Row 1 as an option ?

Thanks for any replies.

JDB 4,378 posts

You won’t have any trouble booking 1A while your Gold is valid but they may still chuck you out of the seat at some point if IT or someone spots you should no longer be there. This can happen particularly if there is an aircraft change, but basically no certainty. You need to keep an eye as they probably won’t tell you if they remove the seat allocation completely or move you.

Ibblybibbly 31 posts

Thanks, good to know.

davidl 30 posts

You won’t have any trouble booking 1A while your Gold is valid but they may still chuck you out of the seat at some point if IT or someone spots you should no longer be there. This can happen particularly if there is an aircraft change, but basically no certainty. You need to keep an eye as they probably won’t tell you if they remove the seat allocation completely or move you.

If your flight gets changed. You’ll lose 1a

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.