Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Shop Small cashback paid?

• pointsfan 38 posts

Is anyone seeing the shop small (spend 15, get 5 back) refunds come through yet or is it too soon?

thanks!

VerdantBacon 141 posts

I’ve gotten an email but no refund yet. Was a bit of a surprise to get the email as I didn’t know the place I was spending at was on shop small!

SteveJ 978 posts

Yes, spent on Saturday, credit was already on account on Monday. No email confirming it had triggered.

drdan 96 posts

3 separate merchants… No refunds or emails yet

AJA 1,070 posts

Received an email today for spend on Saturday but no sign of the £5 credit yet. Am hoping a puncture repair yesterday results in a further £5 credit but the spend is still only showing as pending on my account.

AndyGWP 275 posts

2 of my 4 credits from Saturday spend have landed on my statement today 👍🏻

Unrelated but FWIW, 3 of the 4 were on the supplementary card. The main card holder got an email confirming their shop small had triggered whilst the supp got no emails. Must be a marketing preference thing because 1 of the supp spends was at the same place as the main

mzb 64 posts

£5 posted today for Saturday spend on two cards at the same merchant.
    One card received an email (supplementary), the other one didn’t (main). I don’t think there is any logic.

anirishgirl2022 48 posts

Nope I’ve definitely shopped at retailers and I’ve received no email and no credit

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Have now received the credit I got an email for, as well as credit for another spend where I didn’t get an email. Both spends were last weekend

aseftel 267 posts

So far I am 0/5 for emails and refunds, across different merchants, cards and a combination of contactless and pin auths. Does seem less efficient this year.

RussellH 154 posts

4 transactions so far (1 Sun, 3 Wed).
    Not all places on the map, but all did have a shop small sign on the door.
    1 e-mail (on Wed).
    0 payments.

The e-mail states “Your £5 statement credit is being processed and should appear on your
    statement within 30 days, although it could take up to 90 days.”

Always used to be 5 days, not 30 days….

David D 35 posts

I’ve had one credit come through today for Shop Small

Andrew J 769 posts

4 transactions so far (1 Sun, 3 Wed).
    Not all places on the map, but all did have a shop small sign on the door.
    1 e-mail (on Wed).
    0 payments.

The e-mail states “Your £5 statement credit is being processed and should appear on your
    statement within 30 days, although it could take up to 90 days.”

Always used to be 5 days, not 30 days….

Yes I noticed that the other day that all the Amex offers have now changed to that wording.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Another data point: Two transactions on Saturday, no emails but the cashback credited yesterday so five day period looks valid…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.