Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Silver status, can anybody shed some light on my expiry date please?

• bellasmummy 37 posts

My collection year ends 8 Jun with card expiry 31 Jul.

I was bronze at the end of the collection year but got an email in August that I’d moved to silver.

I figured out that it because they didn’t add the extra tier points for two trips that qualified for double tier points that were travelled in Feb and May.

Assuming that’s correct they moved the account to silver straight away as that’s what it should have been at collection year end.

The updated card expiry is 31 July 2024. I think that’s because I was upgraded to silver part way through the earning year and that then gives a full years silver afterwards.

What I’m unsure about it what happens if I retain silver (I have enough tier points already and will get the extra flights needed in October)

Will that extend the expiry to 2025?

Has anybody else found that it’s taken months to have the extra tier points added? I’ve got another trip in October that qualifies so I’ll have to keep an eye on that to make sure they actually get added.

Thanks

yonasl 952 posts

Because of BA’s IT, since they seem to have given the extra TPs once your year ended, when they made you Silver they did it for this year and next! This is a known issue (same happens if you use the 2 week grace period for instance)

If you requalify for Silver this year it will make no difference to you then. You won’t extend the expiry.

bellasmummy 37 posts

Because of BA’s IT, since they seem to have given the extra TPs once your year ended, when they made you Silver they did it for this year and next! This is a known issue (same happens if you use the 2 week grace period for instance)

If you requalify for Silver this year it will make no difference to you then. You won’t extend the expiry.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.