Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Struggling to transfer from Iberia

• Ian 40 posts

Trying to transfer from Ibera, but the system says my details do not match.

I have moved Avios in the past.

Anyone have a way to contact someone to get this resolved? or suggestions?

SamG 1,644 posts

Have you tried both ways? I get the odd problem but usually fiddliing around I can get it to work somehow

ChrisBCN 237 posts

Have you transferred before?

If yes, wait, try again, and try from both the BA and IB sides. You can also go via avios.com if you have a Vueling/Aer Lingus

If no, has your Iberia account had activity more than 90 days ago? If not, then you need to have some activity…
    If you have had activity more than 90 days ago, then is there a name mismatch between your accounts? (Including middle name).

You’ll get more help from the people here than from anybody you could call 🤣

Edit – sorry, I’ve seen you have transferred before!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,441 posts

There are limits on how much and how often you can transfer. I did some transfer in January and then wanted to do it again in February, but kept getting an error like you. Tried several browsers and it didn’t work. Then on the same computer I tried again but from my partner’s account and it worked.

I am guessing BA and Iberia don’t want to you use combine my Avios option too much apparently.

chrism20 89 posts

I’ve done it this morning on the IB site to BA. It never works on BA for me and I used to email customer services to get it fixed

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.