Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Temper restaurants

• Richie 992 posts

I’m looking for a place with a very good vibe for a little celebration next month, any thoughts on Temper restaurants appreciated.

aseftel 267 posts

Went a handful of times to the Soho and City ones pre-pandemic, thought it was great. I understand the chef founder left around then and that it’s not what it used to be – haven’t been back since so can’t personally comment.

Blacklock and Smokestak are comparable in some ways (although the latter doesn’t do massive steaks).

StanTheMan 217 posts

Went just before the pandemic. Only restaurant in London ive ever walked out of. Maybe they were having a bad night.
    Better options out there for meat.

eg Macellaio in Soho

StanTheMan 217 posts

*as in I walked out before they even bought the food after waiting well over an hour. Not that I’ve never walked out of any restaurants. That makes no sense…..

redlilly 110 posts

Cannot comment on Temper. However, what sort of vibe are you after and where (location wise) are you targeting in town?

Blacklock restaurants are great, and if you go on a Monday you get butcher prices! However, if you’re after steak/good meat there are some great other places too… like Brutto, Farringdon, or Firebird, Soho, or BiFe in the City… and that is just the start of my list!

Lula 204 posts

I’ve been to Temper in Soho after it was recommended to me by a friend. It was no more than OK. Food was fine. Atmosphere was mainly just busy and very loud. Toilets were disgusting. I would not return.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

I went to Temper in Soho some years back just after it opened. Thoroughly underwhelmed. Went to the one in the City a few weeks back – it was OK, but would have rather been in Blacklock. I was amazed how busy the City Blacklock was on a Saturday night last year – absolutely packed but note their maximum table size is 8 or 9 at a push, depending on jut how little your celebration will be.

modestpointscollector 64 posts

Echo comments RE Temper City – Had been a few times pre-pandemic and found it slightly underwhelming. Smokestak is a very different vibe and every time i’ve been the food has been excellent, although I haven’t been there recently (in the last year). I must get around to visting a Blacklock soon.

Richie 992 posts

Has anyone had an e mail regarding Blacklock’s soft opening for their Canary Wharf location?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.