Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

I thought we should have a central depository for interesting Nectar opportunities.

Let’s start off with the fact that Caffe Nero redemptions are back today – https://www.nectar.com/brands/caffe-nero – which at 350 points for a drink makes it the best mainstream way of spending points.

Aston100 1,383 posts

How long does it take for the QR code voucher to come through?
    Can you realistically make a spur of the moment decision when you randomly pass by a Cafe Nero and have the voucher ready for use 5 minutes later?

dst87 264 posts

I was also curious about that, @Aston100. How long in advance you have to decide to redeem would make a big difference to how likely I am to use it.

strickers 651 posts

Has anyone had points from Nectar Connect? Made an incidental spend at IHG, nothing, also just signed up for a Dropbox plan and again nothing tracked?

opcacioppo 6 posts

Is it beneficial to transfer a 300k block of avios into nectar to avoid possible devaluation of avios? My reason for asking is I am cancelling an amex gold business with over 300k amex points so need to transfer to avios but as I have family with much lower avios, who if they use avios from household account the much greater majority of points, will come from the bank of avios mum and dad!! Suggestions will be appreciated!

AJA 1,071 posts

Is it beneficial to transfer a 300k block of avios into nectar to avoid possible devaluation of avios? My reason for asking is I am cancelling an amex gold business with over 300k amex points so need to transfer to avios but as I have family with much lower avios, who if they use avios from household account the much greater majority of points, will come from the bank of avios mum and dad!! Suggestions will be appreciated!

What makes you think there will be an Avios devaluation?

Also if you have Amex MR points I think it makes sense to transfer to Avios rather than straight to Nectar points as each are 1MR to 1Avios or 1NP whereas 1Avios equals 1.6NP but remember that you can only transfer a maximum
    of 50kAvios to NP per month so it would take you 6 months to get the 300k MR into Nectar by that route.

Perhaps if you are worried about an Avios devaluation it might be best and simpler just to book reward flights sooner rather than later?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

There is a 50k per month cap on transfers out of Avios.

Whilst in theory they COULD change the transfer rate, it would be difficult. The whole point is that the rate must be attractive BOTH WAYS so they selected middle ground that makes sense for both sides.

That said, Avios never expected a run out of Avios into Nectar, I’m sure.

Richie 989 posts

I thought the Count to Christmas promotion was good, something similar for Shrove Tuesday/Carnival and Easter would also be good.

chrism20 89 posts

Anyone having issues with Nectar on Award Wallet?

For the last four days it keeps deactivating and saying the account is suspended, however I can log into the app no problem via browser, app and also via award wallet.

Sam 96 posts

Yup, tried this morning with AwardWallet, app and desktop (with browser plug-in). No joy. Was going to give it a week or two and try again/raise support ticket

Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

Has anyone had points from Nectar Connect? Made an incidental spend at IHG, nothing, also just signed up for a Dropbox plan and again nothing tracked?

If its been 35 days or more contact nectar connect via Live chat. Its normally a problem with the connection. Bear in mind it’s the first transaction so if there are multiple you can covertly forget about the lower value offers.

I’ve had this problem multiple times and they will do it when you send screenshots

chrism20 89 posts

Yup, tried this morning with AwardWallet, app and desktop (with browser plug-in). No joy. Was going to give it a week or two and try again/raise support ticket

Thanks good to know it’s not just me and my dodgy IT skills

colinc57 40 posts

Nectar Connect… would this potentially clash with Virgin/ BA in store and other similar programmes…. And you end up with nothing.

Worked for me on two transactions ( on one nectar paid, Amex offer worked and tCB tracked .. still pending .. so at least double if not triple bubble).

However failed all three times on Fatface purchases

chrism20 89 posts

Award Wallet has suddenly started working again this morning for my Nectar although I had to enter a code from a text for it to update.

Charles Martel 124 posts

Whilst in theory they COULD change the transfer rate, it would be difficult. The whole point is that the rate must be attractive BOTH WAYS so they selected middle ground that makes sense for both sides.

That said, Avios never expected a run out of Avios into Nectar, I’m sure.

Wouldn’t the Nectar value of an Avios mean any devaluation of the flight award chart would have to be done in tandem with an adjustment to the transfer rate and/or the value of a Nectar. Aside from 241 vouchers the maths between buying a cash ticket (offset by spending Nectar) and redeeming against a flight is already fairly finely balanced on most routes.

They have certainly tied themselves in knots (hopefully to our benefit).

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    TJ 91 posts

Offer on BA conversion site: Auto-convert your Nectar points to Avios for a chance to win up to 50,000 Avios.

Automatically convert 400 Nectar points in to 250 Avios each month from February through to May 2022 (‘Offer Period’) and you will be entered into a mega prize draw to win one of 350 prizes from 2,500 to 50,000 Avios. One entry per single linked account.

There are 350 prizes from a 3,125,000 Avios prize pot to be won: 20 x 50,000 Avios, 30 x 25,000 Avios, 50 x 10,000 Avios, 100 x 5,000 Avios, 150 x 2,500 Avios

Winners will be selected at random and the draw will take place by 1 July 2022. Winners will be notified by 8 July 2022 via email.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Thanks, hadn’t seen this.

I should add that my 1,000 Nectar points for spending £5 at eBay (targetted offer) appeared last week. Blew 350 in Caffe Nero on Saturday morning – this is a slick process as long as you have the Nectar app on your phone.

Jan M 58 posts

Anyone reported yet that there is a double Nectar bonus at Sainsbury’s till 28 February, if you turn auto-convert to Avios on?

MattB 261 posts

Anyone reported yet that there is a double Nectar bonus at Sainsbury’s till 28 February, if you turn auto-convert to Avios on?

Did see this last night, but wasn’t sure if auto convert just applies to newly earnt nectar points or your existing pot. Have over 60k points and would rather not have them all moved to avios.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

It’s all very unclear. However, as you can move them back and forth with no less, its not a huge issue.

John 1,000 posts

On my nectar app the offer for setting up autoconvert now says you get double points in sainsburys as well as entries into the avios draw.

ChrisC 956 posts

Anyone been able to register for the points offer and the draw ?

Complete failure via the app and web.

Gary 293 posts

Is it possible to link Curve card to Nectar Connect? Doesn’t look possible but in case I am missing anything.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Is it possible to link Curve card to Nectar Connect? Doesn’t look possible but in case I am missing anything.

Nope. Not on the list of cards. Cannot link Chase either!

Charles Martel 124 posts

Nectar partner offer – spend more than £5 on eBay before 31 March for 5x Nectar points.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.